Exercise on Italian possessive pronouns (Proprio) - Fill in the blanks
We use proprio (his/her/its own) instead of suo (his/hers/its) and loro (theirs):
- when the subject and the owner are the same element;
- when the sentence is impersonal;
- when the subject is indefinite.
Singular: Il proprio (masculine), La propria (feminine)
Plural: I propri (masculine), Le proprie (feminine)
1. Dopo aver gonfiato la mia bicicletta potrei gonfiare anche la ____.
- After having pumped up my bike, I could pump up theirs as well.
2. La mia macchina è rotta, quindi vorrei chiedere in prestito a mio fratello la ____.
- My car broke down, so I'm going to ask my brother to lend me his.
3. Invece di condividere un bicchiere, è meglio che ognuno beva dal ____.
- Instead of sharing a glass, it's better if everyone drinks from their own.
4. O verranno loro a casa nostra o dovremo andare noi alla ____.
- Either they will come to our house or we will have to go to theirs.
5. Io voglio una casa nuova, non voglio la ____.
- I want a new house, I don't want his.
6. Quando arriveranno le pizze, ognuno pagherà la ____.
- When the pizzas arrive, everybody will pay their own.
7. Il mio gatto è più grande del ____.
- My cat is bigger than his.
8. Avevo voglia di bere del succo e mi ha dato il ____.
- I wanted to drink some juice and he gave me his.
9. Se fosse ricco non condividerebbe la casa con altri. Avrebbe la ____.
- If he were rich, he wouldn't share his house with others. He would have his own.
10. Chiara era coi Stefania quando ha telefonato ai ____ genitori.
Chiara was with Stefania when she phoned her parents.
Practise with a private teacher on Skype!
- Private Skype lessons
- Learn any topic
- Flexible appointments
Italian teacher and translator
I teach: Italian
Hello EverybodyMy name is Luisa and I teach Italian for foreign students, English, French and German for Italian students Since... 1994, I have dedicated myself to translating and teaching thanks to my travels, abroad studies, foreign reading and writing. I provide fun and customized lessons based on the student's goals. I also triy to minimize English speaking during the lessons. I give homework exercises, and my lessons are intermixed with grammar, conversation, customs and traditions. My goal is to make certain that each student finds learning Italian exciting.I am available for any explanations also via e mail Read more
I teach: English, Italian
Hello! just some info to better understand my method:I carry out an accurate needs analysis during the 0 lesson to find out the learner's... level, background, learning habits and style, hobbies and interests and their needs. I prepare a course design to be discussed with the learner with the major points I think should be covered in the course, on the basis of the needs analysis mentioned aboveI use articles, videos and tools such as kahoot, padlet, quizlet, TED talks and so on to make my lessons varied and dynamicI provide clear examples and explanations of the target language As I said in the video, I teach English and Italian for all levels + business English/Italian, exam preparation classes, business skills and English/Italian for Specific Purposes (logistics, HR, pharma...). Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or requests.Looking forward to hearing from you! :) Read more
It@lian, English and Spanish with Daniela
I teach: English, Italian, Spanish
Hi everyone!My name is Daniela and I am a qualified Italian language teacher! I teach Italian and English at school, and Spanish and French... as a freelancer. I love foreign languages, translating, reading and listening to music. Are you ready to start your language learning path with me? We are going to learn many things and to talk a lot! Don’t worry if you’ve never studied the language before: everyone can attend my classes – from beginner to advanced students. You just need passion for what you're going to do and... a good Internet connection. Materials are provided by me!See you online! Read more
Very experienced teacher!