Exercise on Italian possessive pronouns (Proprio) - Fill in the blanks
We use proprio (his/her/its own) instead of suo (his/hers/its) and loro (theirs):
- when the subject and the owner are the same element;
- when the sentence is impersonal;
- when the subject is indefinite.
Singular: Il proprio (masculine), La propria (feminine)
Plural: I propri (masculine), Le proprie (feminine)
1. Dopo aver gonfiato la mia bicicletta potrei gonfiare anche la ____.
- After having pumped up my bike, I could pump up theirs as well.
2. La mia macchina è rotta, quindi vorrei chiedere in prestito a mio fratello la ____.
- My car broke down, so I'm going to ask my brother to lend me his.
3. Invece di condividere un bicchiere, è meglio che ognuno beva dal ____.
- Instead of sharing a glass, it's better if everyone drinks from their own.
4. O verranno loro a casa nostra o dovremo andare noi alla ____.
- Either they will come to our house or we will have to go to theirs.
5. Io voglio una casa nuova, non voglio la ____.
- I want a new house, I don't want his.
6. Quando arriveranno le pizze, ognuno pagherà la ____.
- When the pizzas arrive, everybody will pay their own.
7. Il mio gatto è più grande del ____.
- My cat is bigger than his.
8. Avevo voglia di bere del succo e mi ha dato il ____.
- I wanted to drink some juice and he gave me his.
9. Se fosse ricco non condividerebbe la casa con altri. Avrebbe la ____.
- If he were rich, he wouldn't share his house with others. He would have his own.
10. Chiara era coi Stefania quando ha telefonato ai ____ genitori.
Chiara was with Stefania when she phoned her parents.
Practise with a private teacher on Skype!
- Private Skype lessons
- Learn any topic
- Flexible appointments
Italian class and cils exam preparation with Alessia
I teach: Italian
Hello guys I am Alessia, I am Italian and I am an italian teacher for foreigners, since 2012. I love my work and that is why I prefer to say... that I am a linguistic and cultural ambassador and not just a teacher. I have lots of experience with young people as well as with adults of all levels (from the basic to the superior level (initial, intermediate, advanced and superior: C2). Classes are generally OTO (one to one) and focus on the conversation and the needs of the students. I usually teach online and in presence because I also work in a language school. Read more
Italian teacher and translator
I teach: Italian
Hello EverybodyMy name is Luisa and I teach Italian for foreign students, English, French and German for Italian students Since... 1994, I have dedicated myself to translating and teaching thanks to my travels, abroad studies, foreign reading and writing. I provide fun and customized lessons based on the student's goals. I also triy to minimize English speaking during the lessons. I give homework exercises, and my lessons are intermixed with grammar, conversation, customs and traditions. My goal is to make certain that each student finds learning Italian exciting.I am available for any explanations also via e mail Read more
Italian and German as a foreign language
I teach: German, Italian
Hi! I am Donatella, I'm Italian and I have been living in Vienna since 2009. I teach Italian and German as a foreign language. I really... like teaching and I enjoy it! Every day I have the great chance to work together with people with different ages, backgroung and learning goals. Thanks to my job I can broaden and deepen my knowledge and skills and of course meet people from all over the world.Foreign languages represent my first interest, as a learner too. After having experienced a distance learning course I find the e-learning a personal, specific and practical method to learn, improve or polish up a foreign language! I would be glad to hear from you! Read more