Exercise on Italian possessive pronouns (Proprio) - Fill in the blanks
We use proprio (his/her/its own) instead of suo (his/hers/its) and loro (theirs):
- when the subject and the owner are the same element;
- when the sentence is impersonal;
- when the subject is indefinite.
Singular: Il proprio (masculine), La propria (feminine)
Plural: I propri (masculine), Le proprie (feminine)
1. Dopo aver gonfiato la mia bicicletta potrei gonfiare anche la ____.
- After having pumped up my bike, I could pump up theirs as well.
2. La mia macchina è rotta, quindi vorrei chiedere in prestito a mio fratello la ____.
- My car broke down, so I'm going to ask my brother to lend me his.
3. Invece di condividere un bicchiere, è meglio che ognuno beva dal ____.
- Instead of sharing a glass, it's better if everyone drinks from their own.
4. O verranno loro a casa nostra o dovremo andare noi alla ____.
- Either they will come to our house or we will have to go to theirs.
5. Io voglio una casa nuova, non voglio la ____.
- I want a new house, I don't want his.
6. Quando arriveranno le pizze, ognuno pagherà la ____.
- When the pizzas arrive, everybody will pay their own.
7. Il mio gatto è più grande del ____.
- My cat is bigger than his.
8. Avevo voglia di bere del succo e mi ha dato il ____.
- I wanted to drink some juice and he gave me his.
9. Se fosse ricco non condividerebbe la casa con altri. Avrebbe la ____.
- If he were rich, he wouldn't share his house with others. He would have his own.
10. Chiara era coi Stefania quando ha telefonato ai ____ genitori.
Chiara was with Stefania when she phoned her parents.
Practise with a private teacher on Skype!
- Private Skype lessons
- Learn any topic
- Flexible appointments
I teach: English, French, Italian
Italian is my mother tongue.I carry out different kind of lessons, aimed at those who want to live in Italy or travel; but also for... students (or PhD or Teachers) who need to learn italian to read and speak fluently (to read original manuscript, to speak at conferences, seminars etc). Read more
Italian, English, Spanish Private Lessons for Everybody
I teach: English, Italian, Spanish
Dear all,Would you like to learn a new language such as Italian, English or Spanish in a smooth, accessible and fun way? Then, it would be a... great idea to embark on an exciting journey together!My big priority is to make sure that my students will learn a new language and get much more familiar with a new culture as fast as possible by doing dynamic and funny activities which suit everyone’s needs and passions. Song lyrics, texts from your favourite books, literature, parts of movies, news, TV series, traditional recipes may be only some of the instruments that we can use in order to make the learning process more efficient and focused on using the new language in different fields.I have a Bachelor’s degree in Languages and Literature from the University of Verona (Italy) and a Master’s Degree, cum Laude, in Languages and Media from the University ‘Cattolica’ in Milan (Italy) and Chapman University in Orange, California (USA).If you are a proper beginner, if you already know a few words but you don’t dare to speak to anyone yet, if you are already very confident with the language but you still want to get to a higher level of proficiency, if you want to know better about one of these cultures, than this is a perfect course for you.A nice introductory chat can help both of us to understand which is the starting level and which is the goal of the course in order to tailor a proper class according to your need.Join the course and you will be immediately immersed in a new culture and in a heartbeat you will speak a new language!See you soon!Maddalena Read more
Translator and teacher
I teach: Italian
Hello EverybodyMy name is Luisa and I teach Italian for foreign students, English, French and German for Italian students Since... 1994, I have dedicated myself to translating and teaching thanks to my travels, abroad studies, foreign reading and writing. I provide fun and customized lessons based on the student's goals. I also triy to minimize English speaking during the lessons. I give homework exercises, and my lessons are intermixed with grammar, conversation, customs and traditions. My goal is to make certain that each student finds learning Italian exciting.I am available for any explanations also via e mail Read more