Exercise on irregular Italian nouns (countable and uncountable nouns) - Drag and drop
In Italian, the distinction between countable and uncountable nouns is the same as in English.
To express the plural quantity of uncountable nouns, you have to use other expressions.
1. Salve, potrebbe darmi ____acqua, per favore?
- Hello, may I have a glass of water, please?
2. Vuoi ____ burro? L'ho appena comprato.
- Do you want some butter? I have just bought it.
3. Pensi che bevendo ____ caffé tu riesca a restare sveglio tutta la notte?
- Do you think that drinking some coffee you will be able to stay up all night?
4. Quando mi ha detto che aveva bevuto ____ vino non le ho creduto.
- When she said she drank a lot of wine, I didn't believe her.
5. Si dice che mangiare ____ insalata tutti i giorni fa bene alla salute.
- They say that eating some salad every day is healty.
6. È da anni che non cadeva così ____ pioggia.
- It has been years since it rained this much.
7. Quei cani hanno bisogno soltanto di ____ affetto.
- Those dogs just need a little bit of affection.
8. Domani comprerò ____ latte.
- Tomorrow I will buy two litres of milk.
9. Per finire questa torta manca ____ zucchero.
- To complete this cake we still need a table spoon of sugar.
10. Ha comprato ____ pane e penso sia troppo.
- He bought two kilos of bread and I think it's too much.
Practise with a private teacher on Skype!
- Private Skype lessons
- Learn any topic
- Flexible appointments
Italian and English teacher
I teach: English, Italian
Buongiorno! I am an Italian native speaker with excellent English. I have lived in the UK for 4 years. I studied Languages and Literature at... University and always wanted to become a teacher. I have TEFL certification. I have taken a module "Teaching Italian as a foreign language" at the University of Reading and I have experience teaching Italian and English to children and young adults. I can help with after-school, homework, conversation, grammar, and writing in all sorts of contexts. I am highly organised and I enjoy creating lesson plans. Teaching is something I love. I don't even see it as a job! I just love helping people learn languages. Read more
I teach: English, French, Italian
Italian is my mother tongue.I carry out different kind of lessons, aimed at those who want to live in Italy or travel; but also for... students (or PhD or Teachers) who need to learn italian to read and speak fluently (to read original manuscript, to speak at conferences, seminars etc). Read more
Italian, English, Spanish Private Lessons for Everybody
I teach: English, Italian, Spanish
Dear all,Would you like to learn a new language such as Italian, English or Spanish in a smooth, accessible and fun way? Then, it would be a... great idea to embark on an exciting journey together!My big priority is to make sure that my students will learn a new language and get much more familiar with a new culture as fast as possible by doing dynamic and funny activities which suit everyone’s needs and passions. Song lyrics, texts from your favourite books, literature, parts of movies, news, TV series, traditional recipes may be only some of the instruments that we can use in order to make the learning process more efficient and focused on using the new language in different fields.I have a Bachelor’s degree in Languages and Literature from the University of Verona (Italy) and a Master’s Degree, cum Laude, in Languages and Media from the University ‘Cattolica’ in Milan (Italy) and Chapman University in Orange, California (USA).If you are a proper beginner, if you already know a few words but you don’t dare to speak to anyone yet, if you are already very confident with the language but you still want to get to a higher level of proficiency, if you want to know better about one of these cultures, than this is a perfect course for you.A nice introductory chat can help both of us to understand which is the starting level and which is the goal of the course in order to tailor a proper class according to your need.Join the course and you will be immediately immersed in a new culture and in a heartbeat you will speak a new language!See you soon!Maddalena Read more