Exercise on Italian pronouns tu (informal) and Lei (formal) - Single choice set
Lei, with a capital letter, is the formal way to address somebody you don't know very well, older, in a higher position than you.
Be careful not to confuse it with lei, the feminine third singular pronoun.
Lei, quella ragazza, è veramente noiosa. (She, that girl, is very boring).
Lei è il Signor Bianchi? (Are you Mr. Bianchi?)
To distinguish the right pronoun between Lei and Tu (formal vs informa) in this exercise, pay attention also to the main verb:
Lei → verb on the third person singular
Tu → verb on the second person singular.
1. Ieri sono andato con ___ alla festa di compleanno.
- Quella mia vecchia amica, non ricordi?
I went to the birthday party with her yesterday.
- Who did you go with?
- That old friend of mine, don't you remember?
2. ____ è veramente un maleducato! La prego di andarsene.
- Sir, your behaviour is unacceptable. I have to ask you to leave.
3. Ti accompagnerà ___ al concerto?
- Will it be her to come with you to concert?
4. Perché non vieni in piscina con noi anche ____, Milena?
- Would you like to go to the swimming pool with us, Milena?
5. Buonasera, (____) ha passato una buona giornata?
- Good evening Sir, did you have a good day?
6. Ehi, sei ____ Michela?
- Hey, are you Michela?
7. Come sta (____), Signor Preside?
- How are you, Mr. Principal?
8. Mi scusi, ____ ha un accendino?
- Excuse me Sir, do you have a lighter?
9. (____) scendi alla prossima fermata?
- Are you getting off at the next stop?
10. ____ sei francese, Marie?
Are you French, Marie?
Practise with a private teacher on Skype!
- Private Skype lessons
- Learn any topic
- Flexible appointments
Italian teacher and translator
I teach: Italian
Hello EverybodyMy name is Luisa and I teach Italian for foreign students, English, French and German for Italian students Since... 1994, I have dedicated myself to translating and teaching thanks to my travels, abroad studies, foreign reading and writing. I provide fun and customized lessons based on the student's goals. I also triy to minimize English speaking during the lessons. I give homework exercises, and my lessons are intermixed with grammar, conversation, customs and traditions. My goal is to make certain that each student finds learning Italian exciting.I am available for any explanations also via e mail Read more
Italian and German as a foreign language
I teach: German, Italian
Hi! I am Donatella, I'm Italian and I have been living in Vienna since 2009. I teach Italian and German as a foreign language. I really... like teaching and I enjoy it! Every day I have the great chance to work together with people with different ages, backgroung and learning goals. Thanks to my job I can broaden and deepen my knowledge and skills and of course meet people from all over the world.Foreign languages represent my first interest, as a learner too. After having experienced a distance learning course I find the e-learning a personal, specific and practical method to learn, improve or polish up a foreign language! I would be glad to hear from you! Read more
Italian class and cils exam preparation with Alessia
I teach: Italian
Hello guys I am Alessia, I am Italian and I am an italian teacher for foreigners, since 2012. I love my work and that is why I prefer to say... that I am a linguistic and cultural ambassador and not just a teacher. I have lots of experience with young people as well as with adults of all levels (from the basic to the superior level (initial, intermediate, advanced and superior: C2). Classes are generally OTO (one to one) and focus on the conversation and the needs of the students. I usually teach online and in presence because I also work in a language school. Read more