Exercise on Italian relative pronouns - Single choice set
Italian has three relative pronouns: che (who, which, that), cui (who, which, that) and il quale (who, which, that).
Che replaces the subject or the direct object complement; it is never preceded by a preposition.
Cui replaces the indirect complement and it is always preceded by a preposition.
Il quale replaces the subject, the direct object complement or the indirect complements. It changes according to gender and number, and is also often preceded by a preposition.
1. Gli zii ____ hai conosciuto vivono in Canada.
- The uncles you met live in Canada.
2. Il treno su ____ viaggiamo è diretto a Napoli.
- The train we are travelling on is headed to Napoli.
3. Lo stadio per _____ costruzione sono stati necessary molti fondi, è stato completato la settimana scorsa.
- The stadium, whose costruction required extensive funds, was completed last week.
4. Il fiume _____ stiamo attraversando si chiama Po.
- The river we are crossing is called Po.
5. Il quaderno sul _____ scrivo mi è stato regalato dalla mia ragazza.
- The notebook I write on was given to me by my girlfriend.
6. La macchina ____ mi piace non è in vendita qui.
- The car I like is not on sale here.
7. I ragazzi a ____ avevo promesso delle lezioni private hanno lasciato la città.
- The boys I promised private lessons to have left the city.
8. Il libro sul ____ stai studiando è di mio fratello.
- The book you're studying on is my brother's.
9. Il progetto sul _____ stai lavorando è molto interessante.
- The project you're working on is very interesting.
10. Ecco la lista delle università ____ mi hai mandato via email.
- Here's the list of universities you sent me by email.
Practise with a private teacher on Skype!
- Private Skype lessons
- Learn any topic
- Flexible appointments
Italian and English teacher
I teach: English, Italian
Buongiorno! I am an Italian native speaker with excellent English. I have lived in the UK for 4 years. I studied Languages and Literature at... University and always wanted to become a teacher. I have TEFL certification. I have taken a module "Teaching Italian as a foreign language" at the University of Reading and I have experience teaching Italian and English to children and young adults. I can help with after-school, homework, conversation, grammar, and writing in all sorts of contexts. I am highly organised and I enjoy creating lesson plans. Teaching is something I love. I don't even see it as a job! I just love helping people learn languages. Read more
I teach: English, French, Italian
Italian is my mother tongue.I carry out different kind of lessons, aimed at those who want to live in Italy or travel; but also for... students (or PhD or Teachers) who need to learn italian to read and speak fluently (to read original manuscript, to speak at conferences, seminars etc). Read more
Italian, English, Spanish Private Lessons for Everybody
I teach: English, Italian, Spanish
Dear all,Would you like to learn a new language such as Italian, English or Spanish in a smooth, accessible and fun way? Then, it would be a... great idea to embark on an exciting journey together!My big priority is to make sure that my students will learn a new language and get much more familiar with a new culture as fast as possible by doing dynamic and funny activities which suit everyone’s needs and passions. Song lyrics, texts from your favourite books, literature, parts of movies, news, TV series, traditional recipes may be only some of the instruments that we can use in order to make the learning process more efficient and focused on using the new language in different fields.I have a Bachelor’s degree in Languages and Literature from the University of Verona (Italy) and a Master’s Degree, cum Laude, in Languages and Media from the University ‘Cattolica’ in Milan (Italy) and Chapman University in Orange, California (USA).If you are a proper beginner, if you already know a few words but you don’t dare to speak to anyone yet, if you are already very confident with the language but you still want to get to a higher level of proficiency, if you want to know better about one of these cultures, than this is a perfect course for you.A nice introductory chat can help both of us to understand which is the starting level and which is the goal of the course in order to tailor a proper class according to your need.Join the course and you will be immediately immersed in a new culture and in a heartbeat you will speak a new language!See you soon!Maddalena Read more