Exercise on Italian relative pronouns - Single choice set
Italian has three relative pronouns: che (who, which, that), cui (who, which, that) and il quale (who, which, that).
Che replaces the subject or the direct object complement; it is never preceded by a preposition.
Cui replaces the indirect complement and it is always preceded by a preposition.
Il quale replaces the subject, the direct object complement or the indirect complements. It changes according to gender and number, and is also often preceded by a preposition.
1. Gli zii ____ hai conosciuto vivono in Canada.
- The uncles you met live in Canada.
2. Il treno su ____ viaggiamo è diretto a Napoli.
- The train we are travelling on is headed to Napoli.
3. Lo stadio per _____ costruzione sono stati necessary molti fondi, è stato completato la settimana scorsa.
- The stadium, whose costruction required extensive funds, was completed last week.
4. Il fiume _____ stiamo attraversando si chiama Po.
- The river we are crossing is called Po.
5. Il quaderno sul _____ scrivo mi è stato regalato dalla mia ragazza.
- The notebook I write on was given to me by my girlfriend.
6. La macchina ____ mi piace non è in vendita qui.
- The car I like is not on sale here.
7. I ragazzi a ____ avevo promesso delle lezioni private hanno lasciato la città.
- The boys I promised private lessons to have left the city.
8. Il libro sul ____ stai studiando è di mio fratello.
- The book you're studying on is my brother's.
9. Il progetto sul _____ stai lavorando è molto interessante.
- The project you're working on is very interesting.
10. Ecco la lista delle università ____ mi hai mandato via email.
- Here's the list of universities you sent me by email.
Practise with a private teacher on Skype!
- Private Skype lessons
- Learn any topic
- Flexible appointments
Italian teacher and translator
I teach: Italian
Hello EverybodyMy name is Luisa and I teach Italian for foreign students, English, French and German for Italian students Since... 1994, I have dedicated myself to translating and teaching thanks to my travels, abroad studies, foreign reading and writing. I provide fun and customized lessons based on the student's goals. I also triy to minimize English speaking during the lessons. I give homework exercises, and my lessons are intermixed with grammar, conversation, customs and traditions. My goal is to make certain that each student finds learning Italian exciting.I am available for any explanations also via e mail Read more
Italian and German as a foreign language
I teach: German, Italian
Hi! I am Donatella, I'm Italian and I have been living in Vienna since 2009. I teach Italian and German as a foreign language. I really... like teaching and I enjoy it! Every day I have the great chance to work together with people with different ages, backgroung and learning goals. Thanks to my job I can broaden and deepen my knowledge and skills and of course meet people from all over the world.Foreign languages represent my first interest, as a learner too. After having experienced a distance learning course I find the e-learning a personal, specific and practical method to learn, improve or polish up a foreign language! I would be glad to hear from you! Read more
Italian class and cils exam preparation with Alessia
I teach: Italian
Hello guys I am Alessia, I am Italian and I am an italian teacher for foreigners, since 2012. I love my work and that is why I prefer to say... that I am a linguistic and cultural ambassador and not just a teacher. I have lots of experience with young people as well as with adults of all levels (from the basic to the superior level (initial, intermediate, advanced and superior: C2). Classes are generally OTO (one to one) and focus on the conversation and the needs of the students. I usually teach online and in presence because I also work in a language school. Read more