Exercise on Italian relative pronouns - Single choice set
Italian has three relative pronouns: che (who, which, that), cui (who, which, that) and il quale (who, which, that).
Che replaces the subject or the direct object complement; it is never preceded by a preposition.
Cui replaces the indirect complement and it is always preceded by a preposition.
Il quale replaces the subject, the direct object complement or the indirect complements. It changes according to gender and number, and is also often preceded by a preposition.
1. Gli zii ____ hai conosciuto vivono in Canada.
- The uncles you met live in Canada.
2. Il treno su ____ viaggiamo è diretto a Napoli.
- The train we are travelling on is headed to Napoli.
3. Lo stadio per _____ costruzione sono stati necessary molti fondi, è stato completato la settimana scorsa.
- The stadium, whose costruction required extensive funds, was completed last week.
4. Il fiume _____ stiamo attraversando si chiama Po.
- The river we are crossing is called Po.
5. Il quaderno sul _____ scrivo mi è stato regalato dalla mia ragazza.
- The notebook I write on was given to me by my girlfriend.
6. La macchina ____ mi piace non è in vendita qui.
- The car I like is not on sale here.
7. I ragazzi a ____ avevo promesso delle lezioni private hanno lasciato la città.
- The boys I promised private lessons to have left the city.
8. Il libro sul ____ stai studiando è di mio fratello.
- The book you're studying on is my brother's.
9. Il progetto sul _____ stai lavorando è molto interessante.
- The project you're working on is very interesting.
10. Ecco la lista delle università ____ mi hai mandato via email.
- Here's the list of universities you sent me by email.
Practise with a private teacher on Skype!
- Private Skype lessons
- Learn any topic
- Flexible appointments
Italian teacher and translator
I teach: Italian
Hello EverybodyMy name is Luisa and I teach Italian for foreign students, English, French and German for Italian students Since... 1994, I have dedicated myself to translating and teaching thanks to my travels, abroad studies, foreign reading and writing. I provide fun and customized lessons based on the student's goals. I also triy to minimize English speaking during the lessons. I give homework exercises, and my lessons are intermixed with grammar, conversation, customs and traditions. My goal is to make certain that each student finds learning Italian exciting.I am available for any explanations also via e mail Read more
It@lian, English and Spanish with Daniela
I teach: English, Italian, Spanish
Hi everyone!My name is Daniela and I am a qualified Italian language teacher! I teach Italian and English at school, and Spanish and French... as a freelancer. I love foreign languages, translating, reading and listening to music. Are you ready to start your language learning path with me? We are going to learn many things and to talk a lot! Don’t worry if you’ve never studied the language before: everyone can attend my classes – from beginner to advanced students. You just need passion for what you're going to do and... a good Internet connection. Materials are provided by me!See you online! Read more
Very experienced teacher!
I teach: English, Italian
Hello! just some info to better understand my method:I carry out an accurate needs analysis during the 0 lesson to find out the learner's... level, background, learning habits and style, hobbies and interests and their needs. I prepare a course design to be discussed with the learner with the major points I think should be covered in the course, on the basis of the needs analysis mentioned aboveI use articles, videos and tools such as kahoot, padlet, quizlet, TED talks and so on to make my lessons varied and dynamicI provide clear examples and explanations of the target language As I said in the video, I teach English and Italian for all levels + business English/Italian, exam preparation classes, business skills and English/Italian for Specific Purposes (logistics, HR, pharma...). Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or requests.Looking forward to hearing from you! :) Read more