Fill in the blanks with the correct form of the imperfetto congiuntivo in Italian
1. Se tu ____ (to have) l'influenza, ti pregherei di dirmelo. - If you had the flu, would you please tell me?
2. Voi credevate veramente che loro ____ (to be) le mie sorelle? - Did you really think they were my sisters?
3. Non saprei cosa fare se tu te ne ____ (to go away). - I wouldn't know what to do if you went away.
4. Se egli lo ____ (to love), perché dovresti criticarlo? - If he loved him, why would you criticize him?
5. Se io non la ____ (to know) così bene, direi che sta sbagliando. - If I didn't know her so well, I would claim that she is wrong.
6. Volevano che io ____ (to give) i miei vestiti vecchi in beneficenza. - They wanted me to give my old clothes to charity.
7. Non sapevo che voi ____ (to stay) a casa di Valeria. - I didn't know you were staying at Valeria's.
8. Se tutti noi ____ (to say) la verità, probabilmente saremmo amici. - If we all said the truth, probably we would be friends.
9. Non potevo credere che ella ____ (to drink) tanto vino! - I couldn't believe she drinked so much wine!
10. Speravo che voi vi ____ (to set) degli obiettivi concreti da raggiungere. - I was hoping that you would set some concrete aim to reach.
Practise with a private teacher on Skype!
- Private Skype lessons
- Learn any topic
- Flexible appointments
Italian and English teacher
I teach: English, Italian
Buongiorno! I am an Italian native speaker with excellent English. I have lived in the UK for 4 years. I studied Languages and Literature at... University and always wanted to become a teacher. I have TEFL certification. I have taken a module "Teaching Italian as a foreign language" at the University of Reading and I have experience teaching Italian and English to children and young adults. I can help with after-school, homework, conversation, grammar, and writing in all sorts of contexts. I am highly organised and I enjoy creating lesson plans. Teaching is something I love. I don't even see it as a job! I just love helping people learn languages. Read more
I teach: English, French, Italian
Italian is my mother tongue.I carry out different kind of lessons, aimed at those who want to live in Italy or travel; but also for... students (or PhD or Teachers) who need to learn italian to read and speak fluently (to read original manuscript, to speak at conferences, seminars etc). Read more
Italian, English, Spanish Private Lessons for Everybody
I teach: English, Italian, Spanish
Dear all,Would you like to learn a new language such as Italian, English or Spanish in a smooth, accessible and fun way? Then, it would be a... great idea to embark on an exciting journey together!My big priority is to make sure that my students will learn a new language and get much more familiar with a new culture as fast as possible by doing dynamic and funny activities which suit everyone’s needs and passions. Song lyrics, texts from your favourite books, literature, parts of movies, news, TV series, traditional recipes may be only some of the instruments that we can use in order to make the learning process more efficient and focused on using the new language in different fields.I have a Bachelor’s degree in Languages and Literature from the University of Verona (Italy) and a Master’s Degree, cum Laude, in Languages and Media from the University ‘Cattolica’ in Milan (Italy) and Chapman University in Orange, California (USA).If you are a proper beginner, if you already know a few words but you don’t dare to speak to anyone yet, if you are already very confident with the language but you still want to get to a higher level of proficiency, if you want to know better about one of these cultures, than this is a perfect course for you.A nice introductory chat can help both of us to understand which is the starting level and which is the goal of the course in order to tailor a proper class according to your need.Join the course and you will be immediately immersed in a new culture and in a heartbeat you will speak a new language!See you soon!Maddalena Read more