Exercise on irregular forms of the comparative of majority - Single choice set
Some adjectives (buono, cattivo, grande, piccolo, alto, basso) have both analytic and synthetic forms of the comparative of majority.
In this exercise, use the second one.
1. Anna è la sorella _________ di Lucia. (grande, +)
- Anna is Lucia's older sister.
2. Questo è un livello _______ del precedente. (alto, +)
- This level is higher than the previous one.
3. Il mio risultato è _______ del tuo. (cattivo, +)
- My result is worse than yours.
4. La nostra insegnante è _________ della loro (buona, +)
- Our teacher is better than theirs.
5. Cinque è _______ di dieci. (piccolo, +)
- Five is smaller than ten.
6. Il mio computer è ________ del tuo. (buono, +)
- My laptop is better than yours.
7. Il tempo di oggi è _________ del tempo di ieri. (cattivo, +)
- Today's weather is worse than yesterday's.
8. Mia zia Ornella è la sorella ________ di mia zia Vera. (piccola, +)
- My aunt Ornella is my aunt Vera's younger sister.
9. Il mio livello di inglese è __________ inferiore al tuo. (basso, +)
- My English level is lower than yours.
10. La qualità del tuo prodotto è _______ della qualità del mio. (buona, +)
- The quality of your product is better than the quality of mine.
Practise with a private teacher on Skype!
- Private Skype lessons
- Learn any topic
- Flexible appointments
Italian teacher and translator
I teach: Italian
Hello EverybodyMy name is Luisa and I teach Italian for foreign students, English, French and German for Italian students Since... 1994, I have dedicated myself to translating and teaching thanks to my travels, abroad studies, foreign reading and writing. I provide fun and customized lessons based on the student's goals. I also triy to minimize English speaking during the lessons. I give homework exercises, and my lessons are intermixed with grammar, conversation, customs and traditions. My goal is to make certain that each student finds learning Italian exciting.I am available for any explanations also via e mail Read more
It@lian, English and Spanish with Daniela
I teach: English, Italian, Spanish
Hi everyone!My name is Daniela and I am a qualified Italian language teacher! I teach Italian and English at school, and Spanish and French... as a freelancer. I love foreign languages, translating, reading and listening to music. Are you ready to start your language learning path with me? We are going to learn many things and to talk a lot! Don’t worry if you’ve never studied the language before: everyone can attend my classes – from beginner to advanced students. You just need passion for what you're going to do and... a good Internet connection. Materials are provided by me!See you online! Read more
Very experienced teacher!
I teach: English, Italian
Hello! just some info to better understand my method:I carry out an accurate needs analysis during the 0 lesson to find out the learner's... level, background, learning habits and style, hobbies and interests and their needs. I prepare a course design to be discussed with the learner with the major points I think should be covered in the course, on the basis of the needs analysis mentioned aboveI use articles, videos and tools such as kahoot, padlet, quizlet, TED talks and so on to make my lessons varied and dynamicI provide clear examples and explanations of the target language As I said in the video, I teach English and Italian for all levels + business English/Italian, exam preparation classes, business skills and English/Italian for Specific Purposes (logistics, HR, pharma...). Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or requests.Looking forward to hearing from you! :) Read more