Exercise on irregular forms of the comparative of majority - Single choice set
Some adjectives (buono, cattivo, grande, piccolo, alto, basso) have both analytic and synthetic forms of the comparative of majority.
In this exercise, use the second one.
1. Anna è la sorella _________ di Lucia. (grande, +)
- Anna is Lucia's older sister.
2. Questo è un livello _______ del precedente. (alto, +)
- This level is higher than the previous one.
3. Il mio risultato è _______ del tuo. (cattivo, +)
- My result is worse than yours.
4. La nostra insegnante è _________ della loro (buona, +)
- Our teacher is better than theirs.
5. Cinque è _______ di dieci. (piccolo, +)
- Five is smaller than ten.
6. Il mio computer è ________ del tuo. (buono, +)
- My laptop is better than yours.
7. Il tempo di oggi è _________ del tempo di ieri. (cattivo, +)
- Today's weather is worse than yesterday's.
8. Mia zia Ornella è la sorella ________ di mia zia Vera. (piccola, +)
- My aunt Ornella is my aunt Vera's younger sister.
9. Il mio livello di inglese è __________ inferiore al tuo. (basso, +)
- My English level is lower than yours.
10. La qualità del tuo prodotto è _______ della qualità del mio. (buona, +)
- The quality of your product is better than the quality of mine.
Practise with a private teacher on Skype!
- Private Skype lessons
- Learn any topic
- Flexible appointments
Italian teacher and translator
I teach: Italian
Hello EverybodyMy name is Luisa and I teach Italian for foreign students, English, French and German for Italian students Since... 1994, I have dedicated myself to translating and teaching thanks to my travels, abroad studies, foreign reading and writing. I provide fun and customized lessons based on the student's goals. I also triy to minimize English speaking during the lessons. I give homework exercises, and my lessons are intermixed with grammar, conversation, customs and traditions. My goal is to make certain that each student finds learning Italian exciting.I am available for any explanations also via e mail Read more
Italian and German as a foreign language
I teach: German, Italian
Hi! I am Donatella, I'm Italian and I have been living in Vienna since 2009. I teach Italian and German as a foreign language. I really... like teaching and I enjoy it! Every day I have the great chance to work together with people with different ages, backgroung and learning goals. Thanks to my job I can broaden and deepen my knowledge and skills and of course meet people from all over the world.Foreign languages represent my first interest, as a learner too. After having experienced a distance learning course I find the e-learning a personal, specific and practical method to learn, improve or polish up a foreign language! I would be glad to hear from you! Read more
Italian class and cils exam preparation with Alessia
I teach: Italian
Hello guys I am Alessia, I am Italian and I am an italian teacher for foreigners, since 2012. I love my work and that is why I prefer to say... that I am a linguistic and cultural ambassador and not just a teacher. I have lots of experience with young people as well as with adults of all levels (from the basic to the superior level (initial, intermediate, advanced and superior: C2). Classes are generally OTO (one to one) and focus on the conversation and the needs of the students. I usually teach online and in presence because I also work in a language school. Read more