Exercise on comparative and superlative adverbs - Single choice set
Comparatives: Più (more) Meno (less) + Adverb + Di / Tanto (as) + Adverb + Quanto (as)
Superlatives: Relative: Determinate article + Più / Meno + adverb + Di (+ determinate article) / Tra / Fra
Absolute: Superlative adjective (feminine singular form) + mente
Tip: to distinguish a comparative from a superlative, remember a comparative involves two terms of comparisons (e.g. two objects/two people)
1. Carlo parla Spagnolo ______ che Chiara.
- Carlo speaks Spanish better than Chiara.
2. Sabina camminava ________ di Miriam.
- Sabina was walking more silently than Miriam.
3. Quel giocatore si è comportato __________ di te.
- That player behaved less fairly than you.
4. La tua scrittura si legge __________ quella di Marco.
- Your handwriting is as readable as Marco's.
Tanto chiaramente quanto
5. Il ristorante era ________ alla spiaggia.
- The restaurant was extremely close to the beach.
6. Il servizio era stato eseguito _________.
- The service had been carried out in the best way possibile.
7. Matteo è quello che lavora ___________ tra di noi.
- Matteo is the one who's working the hardest among us.
8. Mia zia ti saluta __________.
- My aunt says hi in the dearest way possible.
9. Maria ha cantato _______ che Sara.
- Maria sang worse than Sara.
10. I bambini parteciparono al concorso _______ di quanto pensassi.
- The children took part to the competition more happily than I anticipated.
Practise with a private teacher on Skype!
- Private Skype lessons
- Learn any topic
- Flexible appointments
Italian class and cils exam preparation with Alessia
I teach: Italian
Hello guys I am Alessia, I am Italian and I am an italian teacher for foreigners, since 2012. I love my work and that is why I prefer to say... that I am a linguistic and cultural ambassador and not just a teacher. I have lots of experience with young people as well as with adults of all levels (from the basic to the superior level (initial, intermediate, advanced and superior: C2). Classes are generally OTO (one to one) and focus on the conversation and the needs of the students. I usually teach online and in presence because I also work in a language school. Read more
Italian teacher and translator
I teach: Italian
Hello EverybodyMy name is Luisa and I teach Italian for foreign students, English, French and German for Italian students Since... 1994, I have dedicated myself to translating and teaching thanks to my travels, abroad studies, foreign reading and writing. I provide fun and customized lessons based on the student's goals. I also triy to minimize English speaking during the lessons. I give homework exercises, and my lessons are intermixed with grammar, conversation, customs and traditions. My goal is to make certain that each student finds learning Italian exciting.I am available for any explanations also via e mail Read more
Italian and German as a foreign language
I teach: German, Italian
Hi! I am Donatella, I'm Italian and I have been living in Vienna since 2009. I teach Italian and German as a foreign language. I really... like teaching and I enjoy it! Every day I have the great chance to work together with people with different ages, backgroung and learning goals. Thanks to my job I can broaden and deepen my knowledge and skills and of course meet people from all over the world.Foreign languages represent my first interest, as a learner too. After having experienced a distance learning course I find the e-learning a personal, specific and practical method to learn, improve or polish up a foreign language! I would be glad to hear from you! Read more