Test on preposition "to" in Italian - Drag text
In Italian, we can translate the English preposition to with five different prepositions (depending on the meaning):
- di: connective
- a: directions (places and cities), connective, indirect objects
- da: directions (person, family, pronouns), correlation, general things
- in: directions (countries, big islands or regions, streets, places ending in -ia), changes
- per: directions (expressing motion), aims
1. Vuoi dire qualcosa ____ me o ____ lui?
- Do you want to tell something to me or to him?
2. Hai iniziato ____ lavorare o non ancora?
- Have you started to work or not yet?
3. Stavo pensando ____ andare ____ cinema oggi.
- I was thinking to go to the cinema today.
4. Mi trasferirò ____ Inghilterra la prossima settimana.
- I will move to England next week.
5. Hai qualcosa ____ fare oggi?
- Do you have something to do today?
6. Questo non ha niente ____ che vedere con me.
- This has nothing to see with me.
7. Il bruco si trasforma ____ farfalla.
- The caterpillar turns into a butterfly.
8. Quando finisci ____ giocare andremo via.
- When you will finish to play, then we'll leave.
9. L'acqua era così fredda ____ congelarsi.
- The water was so cold to get frozen.
10. La via ____ la montagna è quella lì.
- The way to the mountain is that one.
Practise with a private teacher on Skype!
- Private Skype lessons
- Learn any topic
- Flexible appointments
Italian teacher and translator
I teach: Italian
Hello EverybodyMy name is Luisa and I teach Italian for foreign students, English, French and German for Italian students Since... 1994, I have dedicated myself to translating and teaching thanks to my travels, abroad studies, foreign reading and writing. I provide fun and customized lessons based on the student's goals. I also triy to minimize English speaking during the lessons. I give homework exercises, and my lessons are intermixed with grammar, conversation, customs and traditions. My goal is to make certain that each student finds learning Italian exciting.I am available for any explanations also via e mail Read more
Italian and French Teacher
I teach: English, French, Italian
Italian is my mother tongue.I carry out different kind of lessons, aimed at those who want to live in Italy or travel; but also for... students (or PhD or Teachers) who need to learn italian to read and speak fluently (to read original manuscript, to speak at conferences, seminars etc). Read more
Very experienced teacher!
This teacher is one of our premium members. A premium teacher is very motivated to provide an excellent learning experience.
Italian and English lessons
I teach: English, Italian
Hello! just some info to better understand my method:I carry out an accurate needs analysis during the 0 lesson to find out the learner's... level, background, learning habits and style, hobbies and interests and their needs. I prepare a course design to be discussed with the learner with the major points I think should be covered in the course, on the basis of the needs analysis mentioned aboveI use articles, videos and tools such as kahoot, padlet, quizlet, TED talks and so on to make my lessons varied and dynamicI provide clear examples and explanations of the target language As I said in the video, I teach all levels, general English, business English, exam preparation classes, business skills and English for Specific Purposes (logistics, HR, pharma...). Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or requests.Looking forward to hearing from you! :) Read more