Exercise on Italian reflexive pronouns - Fill in the blanks
Normally, we use reflexive pronouns when the object and the subject of the sentence match.
1st person singular/plural: Mi (myself) /Ci (ourselves)
2nd person singular/plural: Ti (yourself)/Vi (yourselves)
3rd person singular and plural: Si (himself, herself, itself, themselves)
1. Quando Maria ____ guarda allo specchio è sempre così vanitosa.
- When Maria looks at herself in the mirror, she is always so vain.
2. Sono stato in spiaggia tutto il pomeriggio e ____ sono abbronzato tanto.
- I have been on the beach all afternoon and I got very tanned.
3. Io ____ chiamo Giovanni, come ____ chiamate voi?
- My name is Giovanni, what's yours?
4. Non so per quale motivo ____ siano picchiati ieri.
- I don't know the reason why they fought yesterday.
5. ____ sono fidanzato con la ragazza che studia francese con me.
- I got engaged to the girl who studies French with me.
6. Quando ____ sono guardati negli occhi hanno capito tutto.
- When they looked into each other's eyes they understood everything.
7. Dopo che Melania ____ è truccata, siamo usciti.
- We left after Melania finished putting her make-up on.
8.____ sei sbagliato. Avevo ragione io.
- You were mistaken. I was right.
9. Quando dovete sposar____?
- When are you getting married?
10. Dovremmo tornare a casa. Dobbiamo preparar____ per il viaggio di domani.
- We should go back home. We have to get ready for tomorrow's trip.
Practise with a private teacher on Skype!
- Private Skype lessons
- Learn any topic
- Flexible appointments
I teach: English, French, Italian
Italian is my mother tongue.I carry out different kind of lessons, aimed at those who want to live in Italy or travel; but also for... students (or PhD or Teachers) who need to learn italian to read and speak fluently (to read original manuscript, to speak at conferences, seminars etc). Read more
Italian, English, Spanish Private Lessons for Everybody
I teach: English, Italian, Spanish
Dear all,Would you like to learn a new language such as Italian, English or Spanish in a smooth, accessible and fun way? Then, it would be a... great idea to embark on an exciting journey together!My big priority is to make sure that my students will learn a new language and get much more familiar with a new culture as fast as possible by doing dynamic and funny activities which suit everyone’s needs and passions. Song lyrics, texts from your favourite books, literature, parts of movies, news, TV series, traditional recipes may be only some of the instruments that we can use in order to make the learning process more efficient and focused on using the new language in different fields.I have a Bachelor’s degree in Languages and Literature from the University of Verona (Italy) and a Master’s Degree, cum Laude, in Languages and Media from the University ‘Cattolica’ in Milan (Italy) and Chapman University in Orange, California (USA).If you are a proper beginner, if you already know a few words but you don’t dare to speak to anyone yet, if you are already very confident with the language but you still want to get to a higher level of proficiency, if you want to know better about one of these cultures, than this is a perfect course for you.A nice introductory chat can help both of us to understand which is the starting level and which is the goal of the course in order to tailor a proper class according to your need.Join the course and you will be immediately immersed in a new culture and in a heartbeat you will speak a new language!See you soon!Maddalena Read more
Translator and teacher
I teach: Italian
Hello EverybodyMy name is Luisa and I teach Italian for foreign students, English, French and German for Italian students Since... 1994, I have dedicated myself to translating and teaching thanks to my travels, abroad studies, foreign reading and writing. I provide fun and customized lessons based on the student's goals. I also triy to minimize English speaking during the lessons. I give homework exercises, and my lessons are intermixed with grammar, conversation, customs and traditions. My goal is to make certain that each student finds learning Italian exciting.I am available for any explanations also via e mail Read more