Exercise on irregular Italian plurals (Invariable and defective nouns) - Single choice set
> Nouns ending with an accented vowel
> Monosyllabic nouns
> Abbreviated nouns
> Non-adapted borrowings
Defective nouns -> no singular or plural
1. Quelle _____ francesi sono meravigliose!
- Those French cities are wonderful!
2. Credo di aver perso i miei _______.
- I think I lost my glasses.
3. Le ________ primitive vivevano in capanne.
- The primitive tribes lived in huts.
4. Si dice che il _______ stia per terminare.
- They say that the oil will finish soon.
5. L'_______ è una linea immaginaria che divide la terra in due.
- The Equator is an imaginary line that divides the Earth in two.
6. I _______ romani erano sette.
- Roman kings were seven.
7. Il ______ è uno degli elementi della tavola periodica.
- Iron is one of the elements of the periodic table.
8. Quando sono le loro ______?
- When is their marriage?
9. Ci sono sempre più _______ e non una sola.
- There are always more truthes and not only one.
10. Ci sono molti traduttori che lavorano per la _______.
- There are many translators who work for the police.
Practise with a private teacher on Skype!
- Private Skype lessons
- Learn any topic
- Flexible appointments
Italian and German as a foreign language
I teach: German, Italian
Hi! I am Donatella, I'm Italian and I have been living in Vienna since 2009. I teach Italian and German as a foreign language. I really... like teaching and I enjoy it! Every day I have the great chance to work together with people with a different ages, backgroung and learning goals. Thanks to my job I can broaden and deepen my knowledge and skills and of course meet people from all over the world.Foreign languages represent my first interest, as a learner too. After having experienced a distance learning course I find the e-learning a personal, specific and practical method to learn, improve or polish up a foreign language! I would be glad to hear from you! Read more
Italian teacher and translator
I teach: Italian
Hello EverybodyMy name is Luisa and I teach Italian for foreign students, English, French and German for Italian students Since... 1994, I have dedicated myself to translating and teaching thanks to my travels, abroad studies, foreign reading and writing. I provide fun and customized lessons based on the student's goals. I also triy to minimize English speaking during the lessons. I give homework exercises, and my lessons are intermixed with grammar, conversation, customs and traditions. My goal is to make certain that each student finds learning Italian exciting.I am available for any explanations also via e mail Read more
I teach: English, Italian
Hello! just some info to better understand my method:I carry out an accurate needs analysis during the 0 lesson to find out the learner's... level, background, learning habits and style, hobbies and interests and their needs. I prepare a course design to be discussed with the learner with the major points I think should be covered in the course, on the basis of the needs analysis mentioned aboveI use articles, videos and tools such as kahoot, padlet, quizlet, TED talks and so on to make my lessons varied and dynamicI provide clear examples and explanations of the target language As I said in the video, I teach English and Italian for all levels + business English/Italian, exam preparation classes, business skills and English/Italian for Specific Purposes (logistics, HR, pharma...). Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or requests.Looking forward to hearing from you! :) Read more