Exercise on the use of Italian modifying suffixes (diminutivi, vezzeggiativi, accrescitivi, peggiorativi) - Fill in the blanks
1. Mi piacciono le ____ che indossa quel bambino (calze, diminutivo)
- I like the little socks that child is wearing.
2. Alberto è un ____. Ha 20 anni e non ha ancora finito la scuola (pigro, accrescitivo)
- Alberto is a slacker. He is 20 and hasn't finished the school yet.
3. Ho iniziato a correre quando ho visto che nascondeva un ____ (coltello, dispregiativo)
- I started to run when I saw he was hiding a dangerous knife.
4. C'è un ____ di ricette sul tavolo (libro, vezzeggiativo)
- There is a pretty recipe book on the table.
5. Abbiamo ridipinto la ____ di Fabio la scorsa estate (camera, vezzeggiativo)
- We repainted Fabio's pretty room last summer.
6. Quel ____ ha graffiato la porta di casa mia! (gatto, dispregiativo)
- That bad cat scratched my front door.
7. Credo che sia stato un bel ____. Dobbiamo riposare (viaggio, accrescitivo)
- I think it has been a long journey. We have to rest.
8. Se cerchi dei libri devi controllare in quello ____ (scaffale, accrescitivo)
- If you are looking for some books you have to check in that big shelf.
9. Sei proprio un ____ (furbo, vezzeggiativo)
- You are such a sly guy!
10. Mio figlio mi chiama sempre ____ (mamma, diminutivo)
- My son always calls me "mommy".
Practise with a private teacher on Skype!
- Private Skype lessons
- Learn any topic
- Flexible appointments
Italian teacher and translator
I teach: Italian
Hello EverybodyMy name is Luisa and I teach Italian for foreign students, English, French and German for Italian students Since... 1994, I have dedicated myself to translating and teaching thanks to my travels, abroad studies, foreign reading and writing. I provide fun and customized lessons based on the student's goals. I also triy to minimize English speaking during the lessons. I give homework exercises, and my lessons are intermixed with grammar, conversation, customs and traditions. My goal is to make certain that each student finds learning Italian exciting.I am available for any explanations also via e mail Read more
Italian and French Teacher
I teach: English, French, Italian
Italian is my mother tongue.I carry out different kind of lessons, aimed at those who want to live in Italy or travel; but also for... students (or PhD or Teachers) who need to learn italian to read and speak fluently (to read original manuscript, to speak at conferences, seminars etc). Read more
Very experienced teacher!
This teacher is one of our premium members. A premium teacher is very motivated to provide an excellent learning experience.
Italian and English lessons
I teach: English, Italian
Hello! just some info to better understand my method:I carry out an accurate needs analysis during the 0 lesson to find out the learner's... level, background, learning habits and style, hobbies and interests and their needs. I prepare a course design to be discussed with the learner with the major points I think should be covered in the course, on the basis of the needs analysis mentioned aboveI use articles, videos and tools such as kahoot, padlet, quizlet, TED talks and so on to make my lessons varied and dynamicI provide clear examples and explanations of the target language As I said in the video, I teach all levels, general English, business English, exam preparation classes, business skills and English for Specific Purposes (logistics, HR, pharma...). Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or requests.Looking forward to hearing from you! :) Read more