Exercise on the use of Italian modifying suffixes (diminutivi, vezzeggiativi, accrescitivi, peggiorativi) - Fill in the blanks
1. Mi piacciono le ____ che indossa quel bambino (calze, diminutivo)
- I like the little socks that child is wearing.
2. Alberto è un ____. Ha 20 anni e non ha ancora finito la scuola (pigro, accrescitivo)
- Alberto is a slacker. He is 20 and hasn't finished the school yet.
3. Ho iniziato a correre quando ho visto che nascondeva un ____ (coltello, dispregiativo)
- I started to run when I saw he was hiding a dangerous knife.
4. C'è un ____ di ricette sul tavolo (libro, vezzeggiativo)
- There is a pretty recipe book on the table.
5. Abbiamo ridipinto la ____ di Fabio la scorsa estate (camera, vezzeggiativo)
- We repainted Fabio's pretty room last summer.
6. Quel ____ ha graffiato la porta di casa mia! (gatto, dispregiativo)
- That bad cat scratched my front door.
7. Credo che sia stato un bel ____. Dobbiamo riposare (viaggio, accrescitivo)
- I think it has been a long journey. We have to rest.
8. Se cerchi dei libri devi controllare in quello ____ (scaffale, accrescitivo)
- If you are looking for some books you have to check in that big shelf.
9. Sei proprio un ____ (furbo, vezzeggiativo)
- You are such a sly guy!
10. Mio figlio mi chiama sempre ____ (mamma, diminutivo)
- My son always calls me "mommy".
Practise with a private teacher on Skype!
- Private Skype lessons
- Learn any topic
- Flexible appointments
It@lian, English and Spanish with Daniela
I teach: English, Italian, Spanish
Hi everyone!My name is Daniela and I am a qualified Italian language teacher! I teach Italian and English at school, and Spanish and French... as a freelancer. I love foreign languages, translating, reading and listening to music. Are you ready to start your language learning path with me? We are going to learn many things and to talk a lot! Don’t worry if you’ve never studied the language before: everyone can attend my classes – from beginner to advanced students. You just need passion for what you're going to do and... a good Internet connection. Materials are provided by me!See you online! Read more
Very experienced teacher!
Italian teacher and translator
I teach: Italian
Hello EverybodyMy name is Luisa and I teach Italian for foreign students, English, French and German for Italian students Since... 1994, I have dedicated myself to translating and teaching thanks to my travels, abroad studies, foreign reading and writing. I provide fun and customized lessons based on the student's goals. I also triy to minimize English speaking during the lessons. I give homework exercises, and my lessons are intermixed with grammar, conversation, customs and traditions. My goal is to make certain that each student finds learning Italian exciting.I am available for any explanations also via e mail Read more
Italian and German as a foreign language
I teach: German, Italian
Hi! I am Donatella, I'm Italian and I have been living in Vienna since 2009. I teach Italian and German as a foreign language. I really... like teaching and I enjoy it! Every day I have the great chance to work together with people with different ages, backgroung and learning goals. Thanks to my job I can broaden and deepen my knowledge and skills and of course meet people from all over the world.Foreign languages represent my first interest, as a learner too. After having experienced a distance learning course I find the e-learning a personal, specific and practical method to learn, improve or polish up a foreign language! I would be glad to hear from you! Read more