Fill in the blanks with the correct form of the trapassato prossimo
1. L'aereo non era in orario perchè ____ (decollare) con 40 minuti di ritardo - The plane was not on time because it had taken off 40 minutes late.
2. Sapevo i motivi per cui Luca ____ (rallegrarsi) così tanto - I knew the reasons why Luca got so happy.
3. Luisa nuotava tutti i giorni perchè glielo ____ (dire) un'amica - Luisa swam every day because a friend had told her.
4. Non conoscevamo le persone che ____ (chiamato) - We didn't know the people who had called.
5. Non ____ (comprare) il vaso perchè non mi piaceva - I didn't bought the vase because I didn't like it.
6. Stavo leggendo il documento che già ____ (leggere) - I was reading the paper that I had already read.
7. Non ____ (bere) niente per tutto il giorno quindi avevate molta sete - You hadn't drunk anything the whole day so you were thirsty.
8. Non è andato al concerto perchè non ____ (prendere) i biglietti - He didn't go to the concert because he hadn't bought the tickets.
9. Sara ____ (dimenticarsi) di fare i compiti - Sara had forgotten to do her homework.
10. Corrado ____ (pranzare) a casa della nonna prima di andare al cinema - Corrado had eaten at his grandmother's house before he went to the cinema.
Practise with a private teacher on Skype!
- Private Skype lessons
- Learn any topic
- Flexible appointments
Italian and English teacher
I teach: English, Italian
Buongiorno! I am an Italian native speaker with excellent English. I have lived in the UK for 4 years. I studied Languages and Literature at... University and always wanted to become a teacher. I have TEFL certification. I have taken a module "Teaching Italian as a foreign language" at the University of Reading and I have experience teaching Italian and English to children and young adults. I can help with after-school, homework, conversation, grammar, and writing in all sorts of contexts. I am highly organised and I enjoy creating lesson plans. Teaching is something I love. I don't even see it as a job! I just love helping people learn languages. Read more
I teach: English, French, Italian
Italian is my mother tongue.I carry out different kind of lessons, aimed at those who want to live in Italy or travel; but also for... students (or PhD or Teachers) who need to learn italian to read and speak fluently (to read original manuscript, to speak at conferences, seminars etc). Read more
Italian, English, Spanish Private Lessons for Everybody
I teach: English, Italian, Spanish
Dear all,Would you like to learn a new language such as Italian, English or Spanish in a smooth, accessible and fun way? Then, it would be a... great idea to embark on an exciting journey together!My big priority is to make sure that my students will learn a new language and get much more familiar with a new culture as fast as possible by doing dynamic and funny activities which suit everyone’s needs and passions. Song lyrics, texts from your favourite books, literature, parts of movies, news, TV series, traditional recipes may be only some of the instruments that we can use in order to make the learning process more efficient and focused on using the new language in different fields.I have a Bachelor’s degree in Languages and Literature from the University of Verona (Italy) and a Master’s Degree, cum Laude, in Languages and Media from the University ‘Cattolica’ in Milan (Italy) and Chapman University in Orange, California (USA).If you are a proper beginner, if you already know a few words but you don’t dare to speak to anyone yet, if you are already very confident with the language but you still want to get to a higher level of proficiency, if you want to know better about one of these cultures, than this is a perfect course for you.A nice introductory chat can help both of us to understand which is the starting level and which is the goal of the course in order to tailor a proper class according to your need.Join the course and you will be immediately immersed in a new culture and in a heartbeat you will speak a new language!See you soon!Maddalena Read more