Exercise on Italian conjunctions (Indirect speech) - Fill in the blanks
1. Mi puoi dire da ____ vieni?
- Could you tell me where you're from?
2. Non aveva capito ____ Marco si sarebbe unito a noi o no.
- He/She didn't understand whether Marco would have joined us or not.
3. Chiara mi ha chiesto ____ il mio amico abbia reagito così.
- Chiara asked me why my friend reacted that way.
4. Mi aveva detto che non aveva capito ____ si usasse questa costruzione.
- He told me he/she didn't understand when this construction is used.
5. Il capo ha chiamato; voleva sapere ____ vanno le cose.
- The boss called; he wanted to know how things are going.
6. Maria mi ha chiesto ____ tempo ci volesse per arrivare in stazione.
- Maria asked me how long does it take to get to the station.
7. Giorgio non sapeva ____ fosse il caso di cucinare per 5 o per 3.
- Giorgio didn't know whether it was necessary to cook for 5 or 3 people.
8. La professoressa aveva detto ____ avremmo potuto rimanere a casa quel giorno.
- The professor said that we could have stayed at home that day.
9. Sara stava chiedendo a Maria ____ fosse stata in vacanza.
- Sara was asking Maria where she had been on holiday.
10. Si chiedeva ____ sarebbe successo.
- He was asking himself what was going to happen now.
Practise with a private teacher on Skype!
- Private Skype lessons
- Learn any topic
- Flexible appointments
Italian and German as a foreign language
I teach: German, Italian
Hi! I am Donatella, I'm Italian and I have been living in Vienna since 2009. I teach Italian and German as a foreign language. I really... like teaching and I enjoy it! Every day I have the great chance to work together with people with a different ages, backgroung and learning goals. Thanks to my job I can broaden and deepen my knowledge and skills and of course meet people from all over the world.Foreign languages represent my first interest, as a learner too. After having experienced a distance learning course I find the e-learning a personal, specific and practical method to learn, improve or polish up a foreign language! I would be glad to hear from you! Read more
Italian teacher and translator
I teach: Italian
Hello EverybodyMy name is Luisa and I teach Italian for foreign students, English, French and German for Italian students Since... 1994, I have dedicated myself to translating and teaching thanks to my travels, abroad studies, foreign reading and writing. I provide fun and customized lessons based on the student's goals. I also triy to minimize English speaking during the lessons. I give homework exercises, and my lessons are intermixed with grammar, conversation, customs and traditions. My goal is to make certain that each student finds learning Italian exciting.I am available for any explanations also via e mail Read more
I teach: English, Italian
Hello! just some info to better understand my method:I carry out an accurate needs analysis during the 0 lesson to find out the learner's... level, background, learning habits and style, hobbies and interests and their needs. I prepare a course design to be discussed with the learner with the major points I think should be covered in the course, on the basis of the needs analysis mentioned aboveI use articles, videos and tools such as kahoot, padlet, quizlet, TED talks and so on to make my lessons varied and dynamicI provide clear examples and explanations of the target language As I said in the video, I teach English and Italian for all levels + business English/Italian, exam preparation classes, business skills and English/Italian for Specific Purposes (logistics, HR, pharma...). Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or requests.Looking forward to hearing from you! :) Read more