Grocery shopping in Estonian
In this lesson you will learn how to go grocery shopping in Estonia. You can study the general vocabulary for shopping groceries and the foods which are divided into 5 categories:
- dairy products
- fish and meat
- Ma olen piimatoodete vastu allergiline. --- I am allergic to dairy products.
- Mulle meeldib piima juua. --- I like drinking milk.
- Mu lemmikjogurt on maasikatega. --- My favourite youghurt is with strawberries.
- Banaanid on kollased. --- Bananas are yellow.
- Ma tegin smuuti maasikate, vaarikate ja mangoga. --- I made a smoothie with strawberries, rasberries and mango.
- Apelsinid kasvavad Hispaanias. --- Oranges grow in Spain.
- Ma tegin salati tomati ja kurgiga. --- I made a salad with tomato and cucumber.
- Mis on su lemmikköögivili? --- What is your favourite vegetable?
- Ma ei söö baklažaani. --- I don't eat aubergine.
Fish and meat
- Kas te soovite liha või kala? --- Would you like fish or meat?
- Mulle meeldib krevette süüa. --- I like to eat shrimps.
- Mu lemmik liha on sealiha. --- My favourite meat is pork.
|Black bread||(Must) leib|
- Kas sa tahad suhkrut oma kohvisse? --- Do you want sugar in your coffee?
- Ära kasuta liiga palju õli. --- Don't use too much oil.
- Munadest saab omletti teha. --- You can make an omlette from eggs.
|How much is X?||Kui palju maksab X?|
|Where can I find X?||Kust ma võiksin leida X?|
|Where is the cash point?||Kus on pangaautomaat?|
|A piece of X||Tükk X|
|A slice of X||Viil X|
|A kilogram of X||Kilo|
- Palun mulle pool kilo liha. --- Please give me half a kilo of meat.
- Kui palju raha sul on? --- How much money do you have?
- Kas ma saan kaardiga maksta? --- Can I pay by card?
Now continue to the exercises to practice grocery shopping in Estonia!
Practise with a private teacher on Skype!
- Private Skype lessons
- Learn any topic
- Flexible appointments
Estonian, English or Russian private lessons
I teach: English, Estonian, Russian
Hi,First of all, I would like to congratulate you on the decision to learn or improve a new language. Whether it is Estonian, English or... Russian, beginner, advanced or Business language - you are in the right place.My name is Martin and I am coming from a tiny country in the Northern Europe called Estonia. One of my biggest hobbies is teaching and educating others, that is why for the past 3 years I have been living and working in Istanbul while teaching English to different age groups: kindergarten, school, university as well as adults. I have had students from Beginners to Advanced as well as several businessmen and CEOs of international companies located in Istanbul. What is more, for the last 2 years I have been teaching Estonian, English and Russian online through Skype that gave me chance to meet people from all over the world and help them on their journey of learning foreign languages in a comfortable and enjoyable environment.We are going to have a 20-30-minute trial lesson during which we can get to know each other, set expectations towards the lessons and schedule the timetable. The next step is simple - we start learning the language of your choice! As simple as it is :)During the lessons we will focus on making you speak even with the limited vocabulary because speaking is the key to learning a new language quickly and in a fun way!Cannot wait to receive your in-mail and help you on your journey to learn and speak a foreign language.Martin Read more
Very experienced teacher!