Travel and transportation in Estonian
Do you like traveling? In this lesson we will learn the vocabulary related to transportation, tourism and traveling so you could enjoy your holiday in Estonia!
Modes of transport
|To drive / ride||Sõitma|
In Estonian the verbs 'Sõitma' (to drive/ride) and 'Minema' (to go) are used with all transportation modes except for aircraft.
- Me sõidame sinna autoga. --- We are driving there by car.
- Mu õde läheb bussiga. --- My sister is taking the bus.
- Mootorrattaga sõitmine on ohtlik. --- Driving the motorbike is dangerous.
|Baggage claim||Saabuv pagas|
- Kuidas ma saan lennujaama? --- How do I get to the airport?
- Kus on piletikassa? --- Where is the ticket office?
- Mis kell lend väljub? --- What time does the flight depart?
More vocabulary related to transport
- Autol on neli ratast. --- The car has four wheels.
- Kaardi järgi on see siit 5 kilomeetri kaugusel. --- According to the map it's 5 kilometres from here.
- Kas tee peal on mõni bensiinijaam? --- Is there a gas station on the way?
- Mulle meeldivad liivased rannad. --- I like sandy beaches.
- Sa peaksid alati kasutama päikesekreemi. --- You should always use sunscreen.
- Ma olen puhkusel. --- I am on a vacation.
Hotel and reservations
|Single room||Üheinimese tuba|
|Double room||Kaheinimese tuba|
|Shared bathroom||Ühine vannituba|
|Toilet||Tualett / WC|
- Kas mõni tuba on saadaval? --- Is there still a room available?
- Mis kell on check-in/out? --- At what time is check-in/out?
- Teie toa number on 323. --- Your room number is 323.
Train your skills with the exercises and have a nice vacation in Estonia!
Practise with a private teacher on Skype!
- Private Skype lessons
- Learn any topic
- Flexible appointments
Estonian, English or Russian private lessons
I teach: English, Estonian, Russian
Hi,First of all, I would like to congratulate you on the decision to learn or improve a new language. Whether it is Estonian, English or... Russian, beginner, advanced or Business language - you are in the right place.My name is Martin and I am coming from a tiny country in the Northern Europe called Estonia. One of my biggest hobbies is teaching and educating others, that is why for the past 3 years I have been living and working in Istanbul while teaching English to different age groups: kindergarten, school, university as well as adults. I have had students from Beginners to Advanced as well as several businessmen and CEOs of international companies located in Istanbul. What is more, for the last 2 years I have been teaching Estonian, English and Russian online through Skype that gave me chance to meet people from all over the world and help them on their journey of learning foreign languages in a comfortable and enjoyable environment.We are going to have a 20-30-minute trial lesson during which we can get to know each other, set expectations towards the lessons and schedule the timetable. The next step is simple - we start learning the language of your choice! As simple as it is :)During the lessons we will focus on making you speak even with the limited vocabulary because speaking is the key to learning a new language quickly and in a fun way!Cannot wait to receive your in-mail and help you on your journey to learn and speak a foreign language.Martin Read more
Very experienced teacher!
Group lessons possible