Describing your home in Estonian
In this lesson we learn how to describe your home. We will study the basic vocabulary related to furniture, rooms etc.
Estonian house vocabulary
Firstly, let's learn the most common words related to house.
- Jakob on oma toas. --- Jakob is in his room.
- Igal majal on katus. --- Each house has a roof.
- Pere istub elutoas. --- The family is sitting in the living room.
Furniture in Estonian
- See diivan on väga mugav. --- This sofa is very comfortable.
- Voodi kõrval on lamp. --- There's a lamp next to the bed.
- Mööbel mu toas on väga modernne. --- The furniture in my room is very modern.
- Ma soovin, et mul oleks tavalise vanni asemel mullivann. --- I wish I had a jacuzzi instead of a regular bathtub.
- Mul on vannitoas suur peegel. --- I have a big mirror in the bathroom.
- Mulle meeldib külma duši all käia. --- I like to take cold showers.
|Fridge||Külmik / Külmkapp|
- Supi söömiseks on sul vaja lusikat. --- You need a spoon to eat soup.
- Minu köögis ei ole nõudepesumasinat. --- There's no dishwasher in my kitchen.
- Ma küpsetasin eile ahjus piruka. --- Yesterday I baked a pie in the oven.
Useful adjectives to describe the household
- Meie elutuba on väga ruumikas. --- Our living room is very spacious.
- Mulle meeldib uus ja modernne mööbel. --- I like new and modern furniture.
- Tema magamistuba on väike, aga hubane. --- He's bedroom is small but cosy.
Congratulations! Now you know how to describe your home in Estonian. Continue to the exercises to practice your vocabulary!
Practise with a private teacher on Skype!
- Private Skype lessons
- Learn any topic
- Flexible appointments
Estonian, English or Russian private lessons
I teach: English, Estonian, Russian
Hi,First of all, I would like to congratulate you on the decision to learn or improve a new language. Whether it is Estonian, English or... Russian, beginner, advanced or Business language - you are in the right place.My name is Martin and I am coming from a tiny country in the Northern Europe called Estonia. One of my biggest hobbies is teaching and educating others, that is why for the past 3 years I have been living and working in Istanbul while teaching English to different age groups: kindergarten, school, university as well as adults. I have had students from Beginners to Advanced as well as several businessmen and CEOs of international companies located in Istanbul. What is more, for the last 2 years I have been teaching Estonian, English and Russian online through Skype that gave me chance to meet people from all over the world and help them on their journey of learning foreign languages in a comfortable and enjoyable environment.We are going to have a 20-30-minute trial lesson during which we can get to know each other, set expectations towards the lessons and schedule the timetable. The next step is simple - we start learning the language of your choice! As simple as it is :)During the lessons we will focus on making you speak even with the limited vocabulary because speaking is the key to learning a new language quickly and in a fun way!Cannot wait to receive your in-mail and help you on your journey to learn and speak a foreign language.Martin Read more
Very experienced teacher!
Group lessons possible