Animal names in Estonian
In this lesson you will learn the names of some mammals, birds, fish and insects. In addition to zoo animals, you will find out how to call your pets and the names of the animals who live in a farm.
- Kiireim loom maismaal on gepard. --- The fastest animal on land is the cheetah.
- Elevandid on väga suured. --- Elephants are very big.
- Kas sulle meeldivad loomad? --- Do you like animals?
Reptiles and amphibians
- Konnad ja krokodillid on rohelised. --- Frogs and crocodiles are green.
- Mul on kodus kilpkonn. --- I have a turtle at home.
- Kas Eestis on mürgiseid madusid? --- Are there any poisonous snakes in Estonia?
- Delfiinid on väga sõbralikud ja targad. --- The dolphins are very friendly and smart.
- Ma olen õnnelik, et Eestis ei ole haisid. --- I am glad that there are no sharks in Estonia.
- Kas sulle meeldib homaari süüa? --- Do you like to eat the lobster?
- Lehmad on must-valged. --- Cows are black and white.
- Mu väikesel õel on hobune. --- My little sister has a horse.
- Kukk äratab mind igal hommikul. --- The rooster wakes me up every morning.
- Kas sul on lemmikloomi? --- Do you have any pets?
- Mul on koer ja kaks kassi. --- I have a dog and two cats.
- Mis on su lemmikloom? --- What is your favourite animal?
- Mu lemmikloom on küülik. --- My favourite animal is the rabbit.
- Kas sa kardad ämblike? --- Are you afraid of spiders?
- Liblikad on väga ilusad. --- Butterflies are very beautiful.
- Ma vihkan sääski. --- I hate mosquitos.
- Jaanalind suudab joosta 70km/h. --- The ostrich can run 70km/h.
- Kas sa oled näinud balletti "Luikede järv"? --- Have you seen the ballet "Swan Lake"?
- Mere ääres on palju merikajakaid. --- There are many seagulls by the sea.
Train your skills with the exercises!
Practise with a private teacher on Skype!
- Private Skype lessons
- Learn any topic
- Flexible appointments
Estonian, English or Russian private lessons
I teach: English, Estonian, Russian
Hi,First of all, I would like to congratulate you on the decision to learn or improve a new language. Whether it is Estonian, English or... Russian, beginner, advanced or Business language - you are in the right place.My name is Martin and I am coming from a tiny country in the Northern Europe called Estonia. One of my biggest hobbies is teaching and educating others, that is why for the past 3 years I have been living and working in Istanbul while teaching English to different age groups: kindergarten, school, university as well as adults. I have had students from Beginners to Advanced as well as several businessmen and CEOs of international companies located in Istanbul. What is more, for the last 2 years I have been teaching Estonian, English and Russian online through Skype that gave me chance to meet people from all over the world and help them on their journey of learning foreign languages in a comfortable and enjoyable environment.We are going to have a 20-30-minute trial lesson during which we can get to know each other, set expectations towards the lessons and schedule the timetable. The next step is simple - we start learning the language of your choice! As simple as it is :)During the lessons we will focus on making you speak even with the limited vocabulary because speaking is the key to learning a new language quickly and in a fun way!Cannot wait to receive your in-mail and help you on your journey to learn and speak a foreign language.Martin Read more
Very experienced teacher!
Group lessons possible