Outer locative cases in Estonian
- Exercise: all outer locative cases Score -/-
Estonian has three outer locative cases, which like the inner locative cases, answer the questions where to? where? where from? The outer locative cases indicate location or movement in relation to the surface or the environment of something.
- Allative case - indicates movement towards something. It answers the questions 'where to?', 'on(to) whom?' and 'on(to) what?'.
- Adessive case - indicates location on top of something. It answers the questions 'where (at)?', 'on (top of) whom?' and 'on (top of) what?'.
- Ablative case - indicates movement off or away from something. It answers the questions 'where from?', 'off whom? away from whom?' and 'off what? away from what?'.
The outer locative cases are constructed by adding the endings -le, -l, -lt to the genitive form.
- Allative: tänavale = onto the street
- Adessive: tänaval = on the street
- Ablative: tänavalt = from the street
Practise with a private teacher on Skype!
- Private Skype lessons
- Learn any topic
- Flexible appointments
Estonian, English or Russian private lessons
I teach: English, Estonian, Russian
Hi,First of all, I would like to congratulate you on the decision to learn or improve a new language. Whether it is Estonian, English or... Russian, beginner, advanced or Business language - you are in the right place.My name is Martin and I am coming from a tiny country in the Northern Europe called Estonia. One of my biggest hobbies is teaching and educating others, that is why for the past 3 years I have been living and working in Istanbul while teaching English to different age groups: kindergarten, school, university as well as adults. I have had students from Beginners to Advanced as well as several businessmen and CEOs of international companies located in Istanbul. What is more, for the last 2 years I have been teaching Estonian, English and Russian online through Skype that gave me chance to meet people from all over the world and help them on their journey of learning foreign languages in a comfortable and enjoyable environment.We are going to have a 20-30-minute trial lesson during which we can get to know each other, set expectations towards the lessons and schedule the timetable. The next step is simple - we start learning the language of your choice! As simple as it is :)During the lessons we will focus on making you speak even with the limited vocabulary because speaking is the key to learning a new language quickly and in a fun way!Cannot wait to receive your in-mail and help you on your journey to learn and speak a foreign language.Martin Read more
Very experienced teacher!
Group lessons possible