“I need to learn Russian because I work with Russians a lot, but many of them don’t speak English”.
“I often go to Russia for work, but it’s so hard to move around on my own! I don’t understand anything and I feel helpless”.
“I’ve been studying Russian for a while now, but I still can’t speak. I need more practice in conversation”.
“I’m studying Russian at college, but I need help to get ready for the exam”.
Do you recognize yourself in any of these statements? These are some typical things that I hear from people who come to my lessons.
People study Russian for all sorts of reasons. Whatever your needs are, I’m here to help you.
If you have never studied Russian, after my lessons you will be able to:
- read that mysterious Russian alphabet and understand a lot of Russian words, because, once the code has been cracked, they appear to be very similar to English;
- learn and use simple phrases of everyday use to communicate with Russians from the very start;
- understand Russian native speakers thanks to the use of authentic audio and video materials,
- write simple messages and emails in Russian;
- read simple texts and find the information you need even if you don’t understand every single word.
If you have already studied Russian and have some command of the language, you will be able to:
- improve your grammar;
- speak in Russian on different topics and gain fluency;
- write different types of texts (from text messages and greeting cards to presentations and essays);
- read and listen to different authentic texts suitable for your linguistic level, and improve your comprehension skills;
- discover the fascinating world of the Russian culture, from history and traditions to life in modern Russia.
Studying a new language opens a new world. Studying Russian opens the door not just to the Russian world, but also to other countries where Russian is widely spoken and understood, like Belarus, Ukraine, or Kazakhstan. Moreover, if you know Russian, it will be easier to study other Slavic languages, too.
So, why choose me as your Russian teacher? Here are some good reasons:
- I am a native speaker of Russian;
- I have more than 10 years of experience as a teacher of Russian as a foreign language and more than 20 years of teaching foreign languages in general;
- I’m very patient and I adapt my teaching style to the needs and the level of my students;
- I use a lot of authentic materials and I never limit myself to just one textbook;
- I can explain grammar in your language;
- with me, you can practice Russian in a friendly and stimulating environment, without any fear of mistakes. Making mistakes is human, mistakes are a natural part of learning a new skill. There are no votes here, so don’t be afraid to speak! The more you practice, the more fluent you become.
At our first meeting, we’ll be able to get to know each other, I will learn about your needs and skills, together we will prepare your lesson plan, determine the goals and choose appropriate materials.
Book your first session today and let’s begin this journey together. I hope to see you soon in my virtual classroom!
|Contacted by:||0 students|
|Last access:||2 months ago|
|Registered:||6 months ago|