Spanish indefinite adjectives (many, any...)
Indefinite adjectives (adjetivos indefinidos) express the indefinite idea of quality or quantity of the noun they modify.
Like all adjectives, they agree in number and gender with the noun they modify.
- Marisol no quiere leer ningún libro. (Marisol does not want to read any book.)
- Lucas compró algunas barras de chocolate para su abuela. (Lucas bought some chocolate bars to her grandmother.)
Placement of indefinite adjectives
These type of adjectives generally precede the noun they modify.
- Cada día voy al gimnasio. (Every day I go to the gym.)
- Todos los estudiantes conocen al profesor Gonzalez. (All of the students know Mr Gonzalez.)
Common indefinite adjective list
|English translation||Masculine / Singular||Feminine / Singular||Masculine / Plural||Feminine / Plural|
|some, a few, any||algún||alguna||algunas||algunos|
any, whatever, whichever, whoever, whomever
too much, too many
much/many, a lot of, lot of, lots of
|no, not any||ningún||ninguna||ningunos||ningunas|
|a little, a few||poco||poca||pocos||pocas|
each, every, all, all of
- José tiene algunos libros en el estante de su oficina. (José has a few books on the shelf of his office.)
- Cada día Rafael va al gimnasio. (Rafael goes to the gym every day.)
- Quiero comprar cierta película. (I want to buy a certain movie.)
- María estudia a cualquier hora. (María studies at whatever time.)
- He gastado demasiado tiempo ya. (I have already wasted too much time.)
- No tengo mucho dinero en la cartera. (I do not have much money in the wallet.)
- No quiero leer ningún libro. (I do not want to read any book.)
- Dame otro trozo de tarta. (Give me another piece of cake.)
- Hay poca gente en este restaurante. (There are a few people in this restaurant.)
- Dormí toda la noche. (I slept all night.)
- Compré varios calcetines negros. (I bought several black socks.)
Feminine form cualquiera is shortened to cualquier when it comes before a noun.
Por cualquier pregunta, no dudes en contactarme. (Do not hesitate to contact me for any questions.)
Cualquier and cualquiera may occur after the noun to emphasize its insignificant identity.
Vamos a una ciudad cualquiera. (Let's go to any city.)
Practise with a private teacher on Skype!
- Private Skype lessons
- Learn any topic
- Flexible appointments
German native teacher for German and Spanish classes
I teach: German, Spanish
I am Marcus Hartmann, 30 years old and I have been living in Cali, Colombia, for more than four years. There I work as a German teacher for... Spanish-speaking people, young and old. I love the German language and develop many modern methodologies to make the German more playful and easier to learn. I also run a blog and a Facebook page, where I present many tips and tricks that make learning German easier. I teach German for all levels and Spanish for beginners. Read more
Parli@mo italiano! Italian classes with a certified teacher! English and Spanish classes
I teach: English, Italian, Spanish
Hi everyone!My name is Daniela and I am a qualified Italian language teacher! I teach Italian and English at school and also Spanish and... French as a freelancer. I love foreign languages, translating, reading and listening to music. Are you ready to start your language learning path with me? We are going to learn many things and to talk a lot! Don’t worry if you’ve never studied the language before: everyone can attend my classes – from beginner to advanced students. You just need passion for what you're going to do and... a good Internet connection. Materials are provided by me!See you online! Read more
Very experienced teacher!
English Course - All Levels
I teach: English, Spanish
Greetings dear student,My name is Alberto Pérez. I am an English teacher with honors at the Universidad Experimental Libertador in... Barquisimeto, Venezuela. I have ample experience (7 years) teaching hundreds of students the English language with several methods for teaching it. This has been always making learning more suitable and easy for students.I have worked in universities, high schools and academies so I have a basic experience with adults, young people and adolescents. In addition to a master's degree in "Educational Management", whose thesis on the management of technological tools to carry out a more meaningful, effective and efficient student learning in English.In addition to this, I have 3 years of experience working as an online English teacher-tutor. I teach through applications such as Skype and other online teaching platforms where student learning is concretized more effectively and actively in comparison to face-to-face classes.It's important to say that I am also in the capacity and training to teach Spanish which is my native language; I teach it by the same means as English. On the other hand, I teach my English lessons online in a particular way, not only in the teaching methods of English but also taking into account the processes that are given to carry out learning in the human being; thus attacking the most specific needs that each student needs. For this, I use practical and psychological techniques which through have been successful during last years. Read more