School vocabulary in German (subjects and persons)
In this chapter you can learn how to talk in German about your life in school, which subjects you had and more!
School subjects in German
This is a list of subjects that are taught in every German school throughout the country.
|Erdkunde / Geographie||Geography|
|Fremdsprachen (Englisch, Französisch, Spanisch, Latein...)||Foreign languages (English, French, Spanish, Latin...)|
|Sportunterricht||Physical education (PE)|
|Wirtschafts- und Rechtskunde||Economic and law studies|
- Mein Lieblingsfach ist Mathe - Math is my favourite subject
- Haben wir heute Erdkunde? - Do we have Geography today?
- Warst du gut in Chemie? - Were you good in chemistry?
School objects in German
Some objects are essential for the day-to-day life in school. This is a list of the German words of the most important objects
|Der Füller||fountain pen|
|Das Geodreieck||set square|
|Der Ordner / Der Hefter||binder|
|Der Projektor / Der Beamer||projector|
|Das Pausenbrot||packed lunch|
|Das Periodensystem||periodic table|
|Der Spitzer||pencil sharpener|
|Die Wasserfarben||water colours|
- Für den Erdkundeunterricht brauchen wir einen Atlas - For the Geography lesson we need an atlas
- Kann ich mir mal deinen Spitzer asuleihen? - Can I borrow you sharpener?
- Er hat seinen Zirkel vergessen - He forgot his compasses
Staff and people in schools
This is a list of certain positions and kinds of people you can find in any school
|Der Klassenclown||class clown|
|Der Klassenleiter||homeroom teacher|
|Der Klassensprecher||class representative|
|Der Schulpsychologe||school psychologist|
|Der Schulsprecher||school representative|
|Der Vertrauenslehrer||guidance counselor|
- Viele seiner Klassenkameraden sind seine Freunde - Many of his classmates are his friends
- Er war schon immer der Klassenclown - He has always been the class clown
- Keiner mag den Rektor - Nobody likes the rector
Exams, tests and presentations in German
These are some of the words related to papers and tests in school
|Das Klassenzimmer||class room|
|Die Prüfung||exam / assessment|
|Richtig||right / correct|
- Morgen muss ich ein Referat vor der Klasse halten - Tomorro I have to hold a presentation in front of the class
- Sie schreiben gerade eine Klausur im Klassenzimmer - They are writing an exam right now in the class room
- Die Hausaufgaben waren sehr schwer diesmal - The homework was really hard this time
Practise with a private teacher on Skype!
- Private Skype lessons
- Learn any topic
- Flexible appointments
German Classes for TestDaf, DaF
I teach: German
Hello, my name is Claus !For many years I teach students from all over the world as a professional teacher of the German language. With a lot of... experience and patience I lead my students to their to teach successfully and with fun. I offer you general language courses of A1-C2 with test preparations, as well as courses in Business German (prerequisites are language proficiency in German from level B1 +!). Read more
This teacher is one of our premium members. A premium teacher is very motivated to provide an excellent learning experience.
German native teacher for German and Spanish classes
I teach: German, Spanish
I am Marcus Hartmann, 30 years old and I have been living in Cali, Colombia, for more than four years. There I work as a German teacher for... Spanish-speaking people, young and old. I love the German language and develop many modern methodologies to make the German more playful and easier to learn. I also run a blog and a Facebook page, where I present many tips and tricks that make learning German easier. I teach German for all levels and Spanish for beginners. Read more
Italian and German as a foreign language
I teach: German, Italian
Hi! I am Donatella, I'm Italian and I have been living in Vienna since 2009. I teach Italian and German as a foreign language. I really... like teaching and I enjoy it! Every day I have the great chance to work together with people with a different ages, backgroung and learning goals. Thanks to my job I can broaden and deepen my knowledge and skills and of course meet people from all over the world.Foreign languages represent my first interest, as a learner too. After having experienced a distance learning course I find the e-learning a personal, specific and practical method to learn, improve or polish up a foreign language! I would be glad to hear from you! Read more