Reflexive pronouns in Slovak
Reflexive pronouns in Slovak language refer to "self". There are two groups of reflexive pronouns, making it together 3 reflexive pronouns.
The two groups are:
Basic reflexive pronouns
|Case||Long form||Short form|
"sa" is sometimes used with some of the verbs. It express somebody is doing action on himself. To understand better:
- nakresliť sa = to self draw (draw the picture where the person who draws it is on it)
- česať sa = to self comb (to comb the hair of the person who holds the comb= the same person)
- but also can be prechádzať sa = to have a walk (also with somebody, because word prechádať alone, can mean "to go" through something, to reach another level, or other meanings)
Possessive reflexive pronoun
It is declined according to the model môj. Here you can see the declension tables:
|Accusative||svoj or -ho||svoj-u||svoj-e|
and plural form:
We use svoj together with ownership of something. The thing belongs all the time to the person that we talk about. Here is an example:
- On má svoj kabát. ≠ On má jeho kabát.
- He has got his coat (he owns the coat) ≠ He has got his coat (he has a coat of another man).
- Mám rada svoju sestru. = I like my sister.
- Požičal mi svoj kabát. = He borrowed me his coat. (the coat belongs to him)
- Majú radi svoje psy. = They like their dogs. (the dogs are theirs)
Practise with a private teacher on Skype!
- Private Skype lessons
- Learn any topic
- Flexible appointments
Slovak lessons with qualified teacher
I teach: Slovak
I am a qualified, experienced teacher of Slovak for foreigners. I have master´s degree in teaching and I´ve been teaching Slovak... both in person and online for 10 years. I prepare unique lessons for every student according to their level, needs, goals and preferences. I offer free trial lesson where we assess student´s level, discuss goals and make a plan of lessons. We also set our schedule and student gets a chance to see my teaching style and methods. .So, if you like to explore the beauty of my mother language, I will be pleased to assist you! Looking forward to meeting you soon online!Regards,Libi Read more
Slovak, Czech online courses+English for beginners and intermediate students
I teach: Czech, English, Slovak
Hi. I m qualified English teacher and Slovak native speaker who provides online tuition worldwide. I like teaching pretty much and I like... meeting new people. I've been teaching for about 7-8 years so far and am having my own language school, too. If you would have any other questions, just do not hesitate to ask me. Read more
Study Czech/Slovak with a professional teacher
I teach: Czech, English, Slovak
Do you need a professional teacher for Your Czech/Slovak language studies?Are You looking for consultations or help with proofreading?I am ready... to help!My experience covers 15 years of translations from/to Czech, Slovak, English and German.As an university teacher I have supervised dozens of theses, including doctoral ones.I am a holder of 2 doctorates (media, philosophy) and have been employed by 8 Czech/Slovak universities.During my career as translator/proofreader I have worked with texts and whole books from various areas.I have an individual approach and the whole learning experience is set to match Your needs. Don´t hesitate to contact me!I am looking forward to our cooperation. Read more