Litterary past tense vs Past anterior exercise
1. Dès qu' Ali Baba ____ (prononcer) les mots magiques, la caverne s'ouvrit.
(When Ali Baba had pronounced the magical words, the cavern opened)
2. Il y mit son tracteur quand Julien (bâtir) ____ les murs de son hangar.
(He put in his tractor when Julian had built the walls of his shed)
3. Quand il ____ (tondre) la pelouse, monsieur Samy se reposa.
(When he had mowed the lawn, Mr. Samy rested)
4. Je ____ (guetter) le facteur, dès que j' eus reçu la confirmation de ma demande.
(I watched for the factor when I had received the confirmation of my request)
5. Après que les pompiers ____ (contrôler) les extincteurs, ils les mirent en marche.
(After the firemen had controled extinguishers, they turned it on)
6. Les travailleurs ____ (poser) les câbles, lorsque la pelleteuse eut creusé la tranchée.
(Workers putted down the ropes when the shovel had digged the trench)
7. Dès que nous eûmes rassemblé des indices, nous ____ (alerter) la police.
(When we had gathered the evidences, we called the police)
8. Après qu' ils (sucrer) ____ leur chocolat au lait, ils le laissèrent refroidir.
(After they had sweetened their milk chocolate, they let it cold)
9. Lorsque tu eus maîtrisé les gestes élémentaires, tu ____ (fabriquer) quelques paniers.
(When you had controled the basic gestures, you made some baskets)
10. Lorsque nous ____ ____ (s'habiller) nous sortîmes.
(When we got dressed we went out)
Practise with a private teacher on Skype!
- Private Skype lessons
- Learn any topic
- Flexible appointments
I teach: English, French, Italian
Italian is my mother tongue.I carry out different kind of lessons, aimed at those who want to live in Italy or travel; but also for... students (or PhD or Teachers) who need to learn italian to read and speak fluently (to read original manuscript, to speak at conferences, seminars etc). Read more
German lessons and learning materials included
I teach: English, French, German
My name is Christina and I provide fun German and French language lesson for children and adult beginners or intermediate who want to... strengthen their language skills, improve the grammar knowledge, enrich the vocabulary and get into the German culture! I can teach in English or French!I had experince in teaching German, English and French to foreign people so I do have a lot of useful learning material I can provide you to make it easier! Read more
French lessons for all
I teach: Spanish, French
I’m French, currently living in the Netherlands. I lived in Paris for almost twenty years, and I know very well my country (and of course... my language, French, my mother tongue). I taught French for two years in Spain, conversation class about culture essentially.I have a French for foreigners Master.I enjoy sharing what I know. I’m a very eclectic person and curious about everything. To give you an idea, my interest (and sometimes hobbies) are: philosophy, spirituality and religions in general, meditation, psychology and psychoanalysis, history, geography, literature, writing (in particular creative writing, and I’m used to write everyday), art (painting, photography), sciences (vulgarisation level) and cultural matters in general. I travel a lot (as a backpacker), sometimes by foot, and the places I know well are France, the Netherlands, Italy and Serbia.One of my qualities is my capacity of adaptation, I enjoy preparing documents to help the student to acquire autonomy, but I love speaking too, and it’s the best way to learn a language.I'm waiting for your message, please when contact me, explain quickly who you are, why you want to study French and what you are looking for exactly.See you soon. Read more