French indefinite adjectives - toutes, quelques
Indefinite adjectives (French: les adjectifs indéfinis) in French are used to talk about people or things in a general way without saying exactly who or what they are. In general they are placed in front of the noun they refer to.
- 1.Types of French indefinite adjectives
- 1.1.The indefinite adjective autre/autres (another, other, different)
- 1.2.The indefinite adjective aucun/aucune...ne (no, any, a single, one single)
- 1.3.The indefinite adjective certain(e) (certain, some)
- 1.4.The indefinite adjective chaque (each, every)
- 1.5.The indefinite adjective quelque (a little, some, few, any kind of)
- 1.6.The indefinite adjective tout (all, every, the whole)
Types of French indefinite adjectives
1. The indefinite adjective autre/autres (another, other, different)
|Singular||(un) autre||(une) autre|
|Plural||(d') autres||(d') autres|
- Je voudrais essayer une autre robe. (I would like to try on another dress.)
- Avez-vous d'autres livres? (Do you have any other books?)
2. The indefinite adjective aucun/aucune...ne (no, any, a single, one single)
|Singular||aucun (...ne)||aucune (...ne)|
Please note that there are no plural forms for aucun.
- Aucun travail n'est trop difficile. (No work is too difficult.)
- Aucun homme ne peut faire cela. (Not a single man can do that.)
3. The indefinite adjective certain(e) (certain, some)
- Une certaine Madame Dupont vous attend. (A certain Mrs. Dupont is waiting for you.)
- Certaines situations sont difficiles, d'autres ne le sont pas. (Certain situations are difficult, others are not.)
4. The indefinite adjective chaque (each, every)
Please note that chaque is identical in the singular and plural form.
- Chaque personne a son pays. (Each person has his/her country.)
- Il dit cela à chaque fois. (He says that every time.)
5. The indefinite adjective quelque (a little, some, few, any kind of)
- Il me reste quelque temps. (I have a little time left.)
- Elle a acheté quelques livres. (She bought a few/some books.)
6. The indefinite adjective tout (all, every, the whole)
Please bear in mind that tout can't be placed right in front of a noun.
There are various options that can be placed between tout and the noun:
- definite articles (le, la, les) - toute la maison (the whole house)
- demonstrative adjectives (ce, cette, ces, cettes) - toute cette maison (this whole house)
- possessive adjectives (mon, ton, son, ma, ta,..) - toute sa maison (his whole house)
- Toutes les chemises sont chéres. (All the shirts are expensive.)
- Toute femme mérite cela. (Every woman deserves that.)
Practise with a private teacher on Skype!
- Private Skype lessons
- Learn any topic
- Flexible appointments
German lessons and learning materials included
I teach: English, French, German
My name is Christina and I provide fun German and French language lesson for children and adult beginners or intermediate who want to... strengthen their language skills, improve the grammar knowledge, enrich the vocabulary and get into the German culture! I can teach in English or French!I had experince in teaching German, English and French to foreign people so I do have a lot of useful learning material I can provide you to make it easier! Read more
Very experienced teacher!
This teacher is one of our premium members. A premium teacher is very motivated to provide an excellent learning experience.
Group lessons possible
Ready to take on the challenge to learn Bulgarian?
I teach: Bulgarian, English, French
Hello, My name is Zlatko. I believe that learning Bulgarian online with me gives you the best of both worlds: fast progress and enjoyment.Taking... on the challenge to learn a new language is impressive. The reasons might be different. Some people give it a go because they just like new things. Others need to learn a new language because they are moving to a country where the language is spoken. Remember that whatever your reason is, it is your motivation that is the key to successful learning. Who am I and why to pick me out: - online and face-to-face teaching experience: over 15 years helping hundreds of students achieve their language goals - flexibility: willing to tailor my techniques to both your interests and specific needs - patience and excellent listening skills - honesty and collaboration: let's build trust and consider our work as a partnership - native Bulgarian speaker with oustanding educational background - sence of humour In general, my teaching style includes, but is not limited to: - speaking practice through role-play activities - stotytelling and discussions - gap filling excercises - listening comprehension - vocabulary development - accent reduction How does that grab you? If interested, drop me a line and we will discuss your language goals and expectations. Hope to see you soon. Here are a few tips on how to get the most out of every lesson: 1. Review what you covered in your previous lesson. 2. Focus on things you had difficulty with. I will definitely go over them. 3. It is always a great idea to take notes during your lessons. It helps you stay more focused on what you are learning. 4. Feel free to ask me if anything has come up since your last lesson that you want clarification on. Your questions do not have to be prior lesson related, maybe you are just curious about how to say something. 5. Be sure you have completed your homework assignments. If you were not able to complete them, make notes about what stumped you. Were the instructions not clear enough, was the vocabulary beyond your level of comprehension, were the grammar rules too overwhelming, was there too much homework for the time you had planned to spend on it, and so on. 6. Contact me prior to your next lesson if there are any issues or changes you would like to make me aware of so I can have a chance to make changes to your learning plan. Hope this helps. Read more
Group lessons possible
Professionnal French courses with a French native and certified teacher
I teach: French
Hello,Are you looking to learn or improve your French in a Fun and relaxed atmosphere?Look no further !My name is Anissa and I'm a French... native and certified teacher.Focusing on each student's individual level, interests, and goals, my online classes are effective to achieve impressive learning results in a shorter period of time. The courses will be based on your personal needs and during the class you will receive direct explanations, correction and feedback in order to instantly improve your language skills.Whether you want to learn French for your own pleasure or preparing for an exam, an upcoming interview or a presentation at work, I will be happy to assist you in reaching your goals.My online classes are available at any time! Choose a subject from my curriculum or request your own topic, date, time and start master your French!I look forward to meeting you,Anissa, your French (and nice) teacher :)*Please note that I'm not offering a free trial anymore* Read more
Group lessons possible