Futuro perfecto in Spanish
- 1.What is the futuro perfecto in Spanish?
- 1.1.The formation of the futuro perfecto
- 1.2.Conjugation of the auxiliary haber
- 2.Regularly conjugated past participle of verbs on -AR, -ER, -IR
- 3.The complete formation of the futuro perfecto in Spanish (future perfect)
- 4.Irregularly conjugated participles of verbs
- 5.When to use the futuro perfecto?
- 5.1.Actions completed before another actions in the future.
- 5.2.To talk about what someone guesses or thinks might be true
- 6.Marker words of the futuro perfecto
What is the futuro perfecto in Spanish?
The future perfect (el futuro perfecto o futuro compuesto in Spanish) is a future tense that expresses a future action that will have taken place by some future time.
The formation of the futuro perfecto
Like in English, the futuro perfecto is formed by combining the verb haber in the future simple + the past participle of the verb.
futuro perfecto = haber (futuro simple) + participio
- Para el año que viene Patricia se habrá ido a Barcelona a trabajar. (By next year Patricia will have gone to Barcelona to work).
- Para entonces ellas habrán trabajado mucho. (By that time,They will have worked a lot).
Conjugation of the auxiliary haber
|Personal pronouns||Auxiliary verb haber in future|
|él/ ella/ usted||habrá|
|ellos/ ellas/ ustedes||habrán|
Regularly conjugated past participle of verbs on -AR, -ER, -IR
|Verbs in -ar||Verbs in -er||Verbs in -ir|
|The verb ending is replaced by -ADO||The verb ending is replaced by -IDO||The verb ending is replaced by -IDO|
hablar → habladoviajar → viajado
comer → comidobeber → bebido
vivir → vividosentir→ sentido
The complete formation of the futuro perfecto in Spanish (future perfect)
The complete formation of the futuro perfecto is made with the conjugated form of the auxiliary verb haber in the future simple and the participle form of the verb:
Auxiliary haber in future simple
Irregularly conjugated participles of verbs
There are a few irregular participles in Spanish. Here is a list of the most important exceptions:
|abrir (to open)||abierto (opened)|
|cubrir (to cover)||cubierto (covered)|
|decir (to say)||dicho (said)|
|devolver (to return /to give back)||devuelto (returned)|
|disolver (to dissolve)||disuelto (dissolved)|
|escribir (to write)||escrito (written)|
|hacer (to do)||hecho (done)|
|ir (to go)||ido (gone)|
|morir (to die)||muerto (died)|
|poner (to put)||puesto (put)|
|romper (to break)||roto (broken)|
|ser (to be)||sido (been)|
|ver (to see)||visto (seen)|
|volver (to come back)||vuelto (come)|
When to use the futuro perfecto?
Actions completed before another actions in the future.
- Habré terminado mis estudios en enero (I will have finished my studies by January)
- Ya te habrás ido cuando yo llegue (You will have left when I arrive)
To talk about what someone guesses or thinks might be true
- Habrá salido de Valencia (She must have left Valencia)
- ¿Dónde está Beatriz? Habrá ido a otro café (She might have gone to another café)
Marker words of the futuro perfecto
Here are some frequently time expressions that indicate the future:
|Para entonces||By that time time…|
|A esta hora mañana…||At this time tomorrow…|
|Para la semana que viene…||By next week…|
|De aquí a dos días||By two days…|
|El año que viene||Next year|
|El lunes que viene||Next Monday|
|El martes||On Tuesday|
|Para el mes que viene||By next month|
|En un mes / En una semana||In a month / In one week|
|Esta primavera / Este verano||This spring / this summer|
|La semana que viene||Next week|
|Por muchos años||For many years|
- En tres meses habré terminado el proyecto. (I will have completed the project in three months)
- Para entonces les habremos visitado cuatro veces (By that time, We will have visit them four times)
- Yo habré trabajado en esa empresa por muchos años (I will have worked in that company for many years.)
Practise with a private teacher on Skype!
- Private Skype lessons
- Learn any topic
- Flexible appointments
Your Spanish teacher
I teach: Spanish
Very experienced teacher!
Group lessons possible
Spanish teacher on line, Spanish as a Foreign Language DELE
I teach: Spanish
Hello everyone, my name is Verónica Palacios, I am a Spanish teacher with a master's degree in modern languages and speech studies; I... have worked as a language teacher in face-to-face and online classes for 13 years. Teaching languages is an activity that I love, I enjoy teaching my mother tongue, I help my students with questions in grammar, reading, writing, speaking, listening to Spanish, in my tutorials I put a lot of emphasis on culture and different learning contexts . Spanish is a very important language at present; If you have knowledge in Spanish, you will have the opportunity to do business, study or visit abroad, in addition to knowing the culture of Spanish-speaking countries. I would like to be your Spanish tutor and work together as a team. I hope you have a beautiful day. See you. Read more
It@lian, English and Spanish with Daniela
I teach: English, Italian, Spanish
Hi everyone!My name is Daniela and I am a qualified Italian language teacher! I teach Italian and English at school, and Spanish and French... as a freelancer. I love foreign languages, translating, reading and listening to music. Are you ready to start your language learning path with me? We are going to learn many things and to talk a lot! Don’t worry if you’ve never studied the language before: everyone can attend my classes – from beginner to advanced students. You just need passion for what you're going to do and... a good Internet connection. Materials are provided by me!See you online! Read more
Very experienced teacher!